• Want to add an app icon for this forum to your mobile device's home screen? Check out this thread to see how.
  • Have an event you want to share? Check out the new forum event calendar and how-to use it in this thread here.
  • To both new members and existing members, please read this thread about posting your topics in the correct sub-forum. It makes my job (and my life) a lot easier!

Spray paint options for Inca Gold?

DH-Jeep

Feb 2, 2019
Oregon
My Jeep is factory "Inca Gold" and there are a few minor areas that have been scraped or rock chips that are through the paint and have surface rust.

These are all really tiny marks so I was thinking of just clearing away the surface rust and spraying with primer, then spray paint, and a clear.

My question is does anyone know a common golden spray paint that is a close match to Inca?

Doesn't have to be perfect match

OP
DH-Jeep

DH-Jeep

Feb 2, 2019
Oregon
Correct, the build sheet states Inca Gold. The tanishcolor soft besttop definitely makes it look khaki

ImpactOrange

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Jan 9, 2018
Merced, CA, USA
Don't trust the build sheet. When I looked up the build sheet on mine it said Solar Yellow when mine is Impact Orange. Check the sticker on your driver door. It should have the paint color code.

OP
DH-Jeep

DH-Jeep

Feb 2, 2019
Oregon
Well silly me for trusting the build sheet. I'll have to door check the door sticker and get a paint code then.

OP
DH-Jeep

DH-Jeep

Feb 2, 2019
Oregon
Yeah, I pulled the build sheet a few times. It seems to change between metallic gold and light khaki metallic. Going with the LKM is the correct one and will get paint for that based off the paint code off the door to find best match.