Started the Hurricane Flares Install!

Oh man! That does suck! Reviews for e auto grilles ones are good too. Basically the same as smittybilt I think made in same factory too honestly. If you have salt on your roads either add truck bedliner or other paint or remove finish and repaint. The powder coat on most Jeep parts sucks unless you pay top dollar and I won't just for the powder coat.

Reactions: Coastiehog
Oh man! That does suck! Reviews for e auto grilles ones are good too. Basically the same as smittybilt I think made in same factory too honestly. If you have salt on your roads either add truck bedliner or other paint or remove finish and repaint. The powder coat on most Jeep parts sucks unless you pay top dollar and I won't just for the powder coat.
It does suck.

They use lava rock on the roads instead of salt here so it sticks to vehicles like concrete.

The EAG reviews are definitely consistent from what I have seen.

It does suck.

They use lava rock on the roads instead of salt here so it sticks to vehicles like concrete.

The EAG reviews are definitely consistent from what I have seen.
Lava rock? But no salt you say? Sigh me up! Is rust an issue living on an island? Like does the air contain salt or anything like that (don't know if that's a thing.)

Lava rock? But no salt you say? Sigh me up! Is rust an issue living on an island? Like does the air contain salt or anything like that (don't know if that's a thing.)
We are surrounded by the ocean so I am sure the salt is in the air. Rust is an issue here because it stays so wet and that concrete like crap packs in over top of the metal parts and causes rust I guess. I was lucky because the Jeep I have has barely any because it was kept in a garage the majority of the time the owner had it.

We are surrounded by the ocean so I am sure the salt is in the air. Rust is an issue here because it stays so wet and that concrete like crap packs in over top of the metal parts and causes rust I guess. I was lucky because the Jeep I have has barely any because it was kept in a garage the majority of the time the owner had it.
Well that's good. Considers fluid film or a cosmoline like grease to undercoat your Jeep with if you are worried. She's purty and be a shame if it rusted out! I love red jeeps.

Reactions: Coastiehog
Well that's good. Considers fluid film or a cosmoline like grease to undercoat your Jeep with if you are worried. She's purty and be a shame if it rusted out! I love red jeeps.
Thanks!

I habe plans to take it to a matte black or something later.....there are a ton of scratches in the doors and stuff.....may go with a rhino lined body, but that is down the road if I don't get another jeep before then since this one will become my oldest son's Jeep most likely. It is my "practice" Jeep lol.