Steinjager Cable Shifter

AceShooter

Was about to order a Savvy transfer case cable shifter and found the Steinjager brand cable shifter.

About $30 less than the Savvy but was curious if anyone has tried or had experience with it.

With the Novak and Savvy so closely priced I’m curious if the Steinjager is using a cheaper cable or something.

https://steinjager.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=43993

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stick with Savvy. Its an improved design over Novak. Shifting as smooth as silk.

I believe there was a thread about this brand it was not a well-designed product leading. I'd "splurge" and stick with the Savvy product; $30 for a properly designed product is worth the trade-off.

From the other thread: Mr.Blaine post 31
"And now another has tossed their hat in the cable shifter ring. Steinjager (parent company or very serious affiliation of/with Midwest Control) just released their version. It is poorly designed so far. The cable housing tab at the tub mount has no bracing, the tub side mount is a piece of flat plate and the tub is anything but flat in that area. There is no pilot bushing so there will be eventual wear on the clevis pin due to the narrow width of the hole in the t-case shift lever. When I questioned them about it by saying the main value of a cable shifter is the positive shift and you have to lock the cable housing down solid for that to happen. They replied that they were bulkhead mount cables which was obvious from the picture but ignored the fact that the tab is unbraced and will flex like crazy. "
https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/novak-shifter-cable-nv241.10362/page-2

Last edited:
Buy once cry once. If it works you saved $30, if it doesn't then you wasted $140.

We don't know if this one is any good, we know very well that the Savvy one is perfect.

Yeah I was pretty much set on the Savvy based on everyone’s recommendation in another post.

Completely agree on the premise of buy once and be done!

Just saw it and since I didn’t hear anyone mention it in another post I figured I’d see if anyone had had any dealings with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk