Steinjager transfer case cable shifter adjustment

Yes I would much like to try adjust in 4L. But don't know how to determine
when I am actually in 4L. That's the problem for me. I've never actually used 4L so I don't know how it should behave. Can you tell me how to verify that I am in 4L?
Proper installation does not require driving the vehicle in the various mode to see if you got it adjusted correctly. The floor shifter needs to be at one end, the t-case lever needs to be at the same end. As in if the floor shifter is in 2 high, the t-case needs to be in 2 high. Set cable length there. Move to 4 high and check to make sure there is no bind from the t-case trying to move the floor lever. Then take it all the way back to 4 low. There should be a small bit of slack at the floor shifter where the t-case isn't being held partially engaged. If there is, adjust the throw by moving the cable housing until there isn't. There should be play or slack in the floor shifter in each mode showing that the t-case is popping into each of the detents at each end of the shifter handle's movement. When the floor shifter is in each of the two end modes, all the way up and all the way down, you should be able to move the shifter handle freely a small amount which shows there is no bind trying to partially engage the t-case.

After our stock transfer case linkage bit the dust in Moab, I installed the Steinjager TC linkage and it has worked great ever since. No issues what so ever.