Step that will work with rock slider?

lovemachine

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I’m needing a step that will mount underneath the rock sliders.

My father has a TJ as well. 4” lift, and actually has the rokmen Mercenary rock sliders like mine. But he’s finding it difficult to get in and out.

Is there a step I can mount underneath the current sliders?

The Grabbar grab handles (or the Chinese clones on Amazon) make it significantly easier to hoist oneself into a lifted jeep. I installed a pair in my LJ and highly recommend them.

The tubing on my Shrockworks rock sliders make a good step in conjunction with the grab handles, but I am considering a stirrup on the passenger side to make it easier for an altitude challenged friend (barely 5'0").

For yet another alternative, Rockhard 4x4 markets these:

RH-6016-4T.jpg

RH-6016-2T.jpg

https://www.rockhard4x4.com/product_p/rh-6016.htm

Check out RockHard 4X4 Trail Step for TJ's. We have one, and my wife loves it. This is on an LJ with Genright sliders, 5" Lift and 38s.

I actually just got my wife one of the stirrups for use in my Jeep. She said it helps out a lot. I have a soortcage with a handle and also a Velcro on grab handle as well so with the combo of handles and the stirrup she is able to get in much easier than before especially when off road and over ruts or on slopes. If she is happy with it I’m happy with it. We got a blue one. I just keep it in the area between the seat and door and she clips it in place to get in and then tosses it in the floorboard.