Still have a no start no crank problem

Rynous

TJ Enthusiast
I thought I had it dumbed down to the starter and was replaced today. Did not change anything. Could this be a wire problem? The relay clicks when turning the key which lead me to believe the ignition was giving voltage to the relay. Am I missing something here?

Swap the relay.

Inspect the cables for corrosion, make sure they are clean and tight on the battery.

Has the battery been tested? Try to jumpstart it with another vehicle?

Swap the relay.

Inspect the cables for corrosion, make sure they are clean and tight on the battery.

Has the battery been tested? Try to jumpstart it with another vehicle?

The relay has been replaced with a new one. Also a new battery. All cable going to the battery are good.

I've replaced actuator
Ignition switch
Starter motor
Battery
Starter motor relay

The only thing I've seem to have trouble with is it seems that the cable that connects to the starter coming from the Ignition switch has no juice

Could I have a bad ground somewhere?

Clutch safety switch?

Yeah I've replaced that as well. Practally everything has been replaced associated with the control side of the start system

As well as a new battery and starter.

Seems no power has come through the ignition cable that goes to the starter. My test light would not come on

Try pulling up the FSM and look up the starter wiring for your year, mine is an 06, which is different than prior years.

Have you taken the back cover off the PDC? I had a a loose wire connector on the back of the starter relay. If you you replaced all those items, probably a bad wire or connection.

I know this is an slightly older thread and my comments may not be relevant. But I saw this thread yesterday when I found myself stuck away from home when my 2006 LJ would not start out of the blue. Lights all came on in the dash but no cranking or clicking. After looking under the hood and under the jeep I finally called for a jump. I didn't have a meter or other tools. As I was waiting for the tow company / jump i went back under and wiggled the smaller wire that connects to the starter. I think that comes from the starter solenoid? In either case, that wire was corroded and I guess yesterday was the day it gave out. I missed it the first time I went under to look for something obvious and to bang on the starter with a rock. The wire corroded just at the small black connector that clips on the starter. I was able to strip the wire and wrap it around the terminal with some electrical tape. The jeep started and got home to add a new terminal connector. I just wanted to put this in a thread somewhere because i passed this up the first time underneath but only after i looked closely did I realize it had fallen apart and was the problem. I hope the OP got their jeep started.

I know this is an slightly older thread and my comments may not be relevant. But I saw this thread yesterday when I found myself stuck away from home when my 2006 LJ would not start out of the blue. Lights all came on in the dash but no cranking or clicking. After looking under the hood and under the jeep I finally called for a jump. I didn't have a meter or other tools. As I was waiting for the tow company / jump i went back under and wiggled the smaller wire that connects to the starter. I think that comes from the starter solenoid? In either case, that wire was corroded and I guess yesterday was the day it gave out. I missed it the first time I went under to look for something obvious and to bang on the starter with a rock. The wire corroded just at the small black connector that clips on the starter. I was able to strip the wire and wrap it around the terminal with some electrical tape. The jeep started and got home to add a new terminal connector. I just wanted to put this in a thread somewhere because i passed this up the first time underneath but only after i looked closely did I realize it had fallen apart and was the problem. I hope the OP got their jeep started.

That's definitely rough.

I did eventually get my jeep started. My problem was in the clutch safety switch (which is brand new). I bypassed my clutch safety switch to see if the engine would start and it started right up after sitting for 6 months. I couldn't find any useful diagrams for the wiring for my year. My theory, is that the clutch safety switch acts as a ground for the ignition switch to send power to the starter relay, and then to the starter motor. My theory may be wrong though.