Stingray 2 door JLR

Don't forget about inflation dudessss

The MSRP of my SPORT 1999 TJ is $35,069.84 adjusted for inflation. The sticker is $23k(with all options added).

Although I would not buy a new JL. I don't think $45k for a new Rubicon is too far off what these used to be. If I was to compare Sport vs Sport I think they would be similar in price but the JL will have better standard and safety features.

I wouldn't buy a new JL but still.... they are similar in price when you compare new vs new prices at time of release.

I am not sure where you are getting this information, but I bought a brand new 2010 sport with some features out the door for 20K in 2010. I promptly sold it a year later because it was the worst car ever. No way a sport was 35K in 1999. Or if that is really the case, they must have known how much of a piece of shit the JK's were.

I am not sure where you are getting this information, but I bought a brand new 2010 sport with some features out the door for 20K in 2010. I promptly sold it a year later because it was the worst car ever. No way a sport was 35K in 1999. Or if that is really the case, they must have known how much of a piece of shit the JK's were.

He stated in his post that the $35k price was in 2018 dollars (adjusted for inflation).

Reactions: Starrs and ac_
You bought the worst model...2007-2011 was the 3.8. 2012-now 3.6. I feel like I say this weekly lol.

Reactions: ac_
You bought the worst model...2007-2011 was the 3.8. 2012-now 3.6. I feel like I say this weekly lol.

2007-2011 JKs are essentially good for one thing only: LS swaps.

And to further prove just how bad the first JKs are, they were also offered in 2WD!

Reactions: ac_
Whatever, it put a bad taste in my mouth that I can't seem to get rid of! Plus it's not like I thought "Hey lets buy the shitiest jeep in years!" I didn't know, but I do know I am not falling for that again! haha

Reactions: Starrs
It really is remarkable how different the 3.8 was compared to the now 3.6 pentastar. Prolly like a supercharger on the 4.0. 3.8 hands down worst jeep engine of all time.
I wouldn't know, but I always did wonder why anybody would buy a 4 door one of those?

I paid $45,000 for my house in '96. It's also a 2-door (front and back). I sunk another $30,000 in mods in the first 9 months (a remodel). And though the foundation had settled quite a bit (house was built in 1910), I didn't do a lift kit.
Wait...Shit! I'm confusing my house and my vehicles, now! What the hell??? o_O

I paid $45,000 for my house in '96. It's also a 2-door (front and back). I sunk another $30,000 in mods in the first 9 months (a remodel). And though the foundation had settled quite a bit (house was built in 1910), I didn't do a lift kit.
Wait...Shit! I'm confusing my house and my vehicles, now! What the hell??? o_O
I think you got the better deal hehe

Reactions: Squatch
I hear a lot of people are having problems with the JL/U’s.

Even see on the forums where some have traded their new JL/U on a used JKU.

I would not trust a first year Fiat Chrysler Jeep vehicle...Give them a year or two to work out the bugs. I Made that mistake when I owned a WJ a while back, total lemon. I do like the idea of a 2013+ JK but need a few more years of depreciation on those first.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

When you're moving north of 30,000 units a month, sure you're going to have some folks with issues popping up that make noise on the forums. "A lot" is a relative term and if we broke that down to an actual percentage of overall ownership you or I might be surprised at the actual number (high or low, I'm not sure). We're just over 5,000 miles on our JL with no issues (knock on wood) other than a couple of random reboots of the infotainment system.

I haven't seen anywhere on the forums of someone trading a new JL on a used JK, but I'm sure its possible given the level of stupidity with some people these days. For me I never really warmed up to the JK platform and getting in a JL completely killed any chance that I ever will.