Stock range of motion

never monday

TJ Addict
When you pull the shocks amd springs out and cycle the susp.
What is the spring seat to spring seat measurement at full droop and touching the bumps?

When you pull the shocks amd springs out and cycle the susp.
What is the spring seat to spring seat measurement at full droop and touching the bumps?

I don't understand your question or why you would need to measure the distance between spring perches when you let it drop without the shocks connected. What are you trying to figure out?

Pulling the shocks & dropping the suspension doesn't give a meaningful measurement in any way, so I'm still not sure what you're going for. Good luck with whatever it is you're trying to figure out though.

I don't understand your question or why you would need to measure the distance between spring perches when you let it drop without the shocks connected. What are you trying to figure out?
One reason to look at these measurements is to see if there is an available shock that matches the spring travel better than others. It's one of the things we are doing with an outboard when the shock mounts get repositioned to be in phase with the spring travel.

Reactions: never monday
One reason to look at these measurements is to see if there is an available shock that matches the spring travel better than others. It's one of the things we are doing with an outboard when the shock mounts get repositioned to be in phase with the spring travel.
And it’s going to be very different for rubber bushings vs JJ’s

Front is about 9" at bump, and about 21-22" when the lower control arm binds against the axle mount.

The Currie 4" closely matches this.

Reactions: never monday
Front is about 9" at bump, and about 21-22" when the lower control arm binds against the axle mount.

The Currie 4" closely matches this.
Are you a manual?
I didn’t get that much droop before the front DS hit the auto trans skid.