Sucks Getting Old

I've never been able to watch myself get tattooed - both of mine are unviewable by me - my tramp stamp and a nape of neck tattoo. Thinking about a floral on the shoulder - I'd kinda like to watch that (i think...).

Shoulder is easy just be careful looking over at it. I have a total phobia of giving an accidental face tattoo to people looking down while I’m coming in hot lol

• Haha
Reactions: BlueC
I've never been able to watch myself get tattooed - both of mine are unviewable by me - my tramp stamp and a nape of neck tattoo. Thinking about a floral on the shoulder - I'd kinda like to watch that (i think...).

euthanasia_jpg-3190793.jpg

Well everything went OK. Enlarged but no deformities. Even though the Dr was a good looking female it’s still not a pleasant thing. I fail to see what people find enjoyable by having something put in the out door.

I'm an 11 year survivor of prostate cancer. Long time getting there with annual PSA tests and the dreaded digital intrusion (+ Flowmax). In the end I opted for radical prostatectomy and don't regret it.. 11 years. The staff infection that followed the surgery about killed me tho' and kept me off work 6 months. Clean annual PSA since (as in 0.02 ish). Everyone around me thought I was done but said nothing.

After my first finger exam I came home and the wife asked how it went?
"Well it wasn't that bad. Ya know that Doctor Nxx is a nice looking guy (her eyes bulge), and a very sharp dresser (all true - and she turns pale). Followed it up with "I tried to schedule for once a month". She didn't quite drop to her knees before smacking me. It was hilarious.

So, glad your deal went well. They say most men die WITH prostate cancer but much fewer die FROM it. Get that stuff checked.

Two/half years ago . . . check-up/finger, doctor didn't like what he felt. Blood tests confirmed that I had aggressive prostate cancer. Bone density, prostate bi-opsy, colonoscopy, multiple stomach injections, and twenty bouts of radiation. Long road of recovery for a very fit active man . . .

Oh yeah the biopsy x2. First doc was an amateur, the pain and play by play narrative was excruciating.. passed out.

Men, me included, don’t like to go to the Dr because they are afraid to hear something bad. Many don’t go till it’s too late. My Medicare plan is great and I have a fantastic Dr. Men need to start getting a PSA test in our 50s to get a base line value especially if there is a family history. If you get prostate cancer earlier in life it tends to be more aggressive. Everyone is afraid of the Big C but it’s not like in the past. There are great treatments available today. Prostate cancer survival rate is in the high nineties. When I was a Radiation Therapist prostate cancer and breast cancer patients were the majority of my patients.

Men, me included, don’t like to go to the Dr because they are afraid to hear something bad. Many don’t go till it’s too late. My Medicare plan is great and I have a fantastic Dr. Men need to start getting a PSA test in our 50s to get a base line value especially if there is a family history. If you get prostate cancer earlier in life it tends to be more aggressive. Everyone is afraid of the Big C but it’s not like in the past. There are great treatments available today. Prostate cancer survival rate is in the high nineties. When I was a Radiation Therapist prostate cancer and breast cancer patients were the majority of my patients.

The problem with my father was 2 fold: 1) He had a vasectomy, one of the earliest. A known cause. 2) His PSA shot up when he was about my age (63), he had the prostate removed, but they did NOT do follow up radiation treatment in those days. They did give him the pills to suppress testosterone production. He was fine for many years, but at age 86, the damn thing came back and killed him.

I keep an eagle eye on my PSA - its been at 1.2 since I first started keeping track of it at age 50. I fortunately did not have a vasectomy (because of this issue), and I'm on a prostate supplement. I also have avoided testosterone supplements, even though I'm borderline in need of same as testosterone is the hormone of death as far as I'm concerned - esp. with my family history.

If I ever do get it, I will opt for the MOST radical treatment possible. Remove the prostate, and the testes as well, plus radiation and whatever else they come up with.

Guys, what the hell is "PSA" that yall keep talking about?

Actually, its Prostate Specific Antigen, if you're over 50 get it checked ASAFP

Specific is correct. And I've heard 45 is the new 50 for PSA. And yes, DO IT!
You might shop around for a piano player doctor instead of a doctor who does a lot of manual labor in his off time.
Girth matters more than length.:eek:

Reactions: Head Lice
I always wonder if every good looking female urologist just assumes every patient she sees chose her for specifically that reason. Then I wonder if every patient she sees has considered that she believes that about them, and just don't care, and if I care little enough about being thought of that way to be one of those patients.

A few years back, I had an attractive, younger female doctor remove a hemorrhoid. I actually felt a little bad for her. I'm sure she didn't envision herself doing that type of Dr work when she watched Gray's Anatomy.