Suggestions on dealing with body mount rust

HELP. I need advice. I want to get this 97 TJ but I’m not sure the body mounts are safe? Should I steer clear? How long can I drive this before it gets too unsafe?

View attachment 115627

View attachment 115628
Bud, I would walk away and not look back. Find another Jeep! Lots of them out there.Look outside of the rust belt, why pay for someones crap? you have to fix.

Reactions: sparkyhooker
^ditto that. I was looking at one like that and the fine members here told me the same thing... I listen and ended up finding one with zero rust. Trust me it's worth waiting.

Hey guys, new here and looking to get some advice on what to do with my 2002 TJ. There is significant rust on the body mounts/tub of the Jeep. This is the result of years spent on the eastern coast with lots of humidity and exposure to salt. I do not have the capability to repair this myself and I know that it is considerably costly to have someone do it for you. I'm looking for input on what I should list it for? A brand new 6-cyl, 4L engine was installed late 2023 and overall the Jeep runs great! The damage will certainly require immediate repair and I'll be completely transparent in the listing, but wonder if I should just list it for the cost of the new engine (~$4,000) or if there is any additional value I could get out of it? Completely gutted to part with my Jeep, but at this point that's the only option I have. Thanks in advance!

IMG_0052.jpg

IMG_0053.jpg

IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_0055.jpg

IMG_0056.jpg

IMG_0057.jpg

IMG_0058.jpg

IMG_0059.jpg

IMG_2767.jpeg