Supercharger for my 98 Sport

Kevin E

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
I'm learning this website all over again.
My question is. Can I put a supercharger on My jeep since all my pistons were replaced a couple years ago? 1998 Sport 4.0

SvtLdr

Just a guy, with a Jeep
Supporting Member
Makes no difference, assuming you put the same style pistons back in. You can put a supercharger on an engine with old pistons too. How much boost are you planning to run?

I know @Chris is knowledgeable on 4.0 superchargers also.

SkylinesSuck

TJ Addict
I don't mean this as dick'ish as it sounds, but if you are asking questions like that, you need to put a lot more time and research in to figuring out what all is required to supercharge your TJ. There's a lot of things besides the supercharger, but pistons isn't one of them (for any size blower you are likely to run anyways).

Do you have a particular kit in mind?

Reactions: RobertJ
OP
Kevin E

Kevin E

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
I don't mean this as dick'ish as it sounds, but if you are asking questions like that, you need to put a lot more time and research in to figuring out what all is required to supercharge your TJ. There's a lot of things besides the supercharger, but pistons isn't one of them (for any size blower you are likely to run anyways).

Do you have a particular kit in mind?
No problem thanks for the input. I guess my question should have been more general in what all is involved.
I know Boosted Technologies has one that Chris has used. It's all wishful thinking at this point

sierradmax

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Boosted technologies will probably be your easiest bolt-on kit available on the market (which is becoming more and more limited). Banks discontinued their turbo kits while the MP supercharger is alot more involved... Inter-cooler plumbing, E-fan, etc. The Boosted Technologies uses a 7th injector. Just keep in mind more power = more fuel.

Reactions: Kevin E