Surprised by a little TJ

T_Hase89

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
So, I’ve owned a few jeeps but never had a TJ. Wasn’t even really looking for one this past spring as I wanted to get back to to a CJ again. But I’m glad I did run across my TJR because I can honestly say I’ve never enjoying driving a Jeep as much as this one.

I’ve had a loaded JKUR 10th Anniversary, a JK, CJs etc... but a TJ, no frills, rowing through the gears and listening to the tractor motor just chug away, it’s amazing. I bought this with the intentions of 100% off roading and winter snow driving duties but find myself driving is 60 miles round trip to work a few times a week and enjoying every neck jarring bump along the way.

So to all you lurkers on here wondering if a TJ is the right choice for you, go for it. Don’t look back and enjoy the ride.

And to all the guys here and help answer a ton of questions and put together all those how to’s, go buy yourself a beer and pretend it’s from me because you are awesome. Look forward to many years of digital hang out with you all and maybe get a chance to meet some of you as I pursue my dream to wheel out west.

-Tristan

Because threads are worthless without pictures here’s one from a short country cruise...

91E6D1B6-4C07-4C4A-96C7-B46D8DA0EB3C.jpeg

Great looking jeep. Welcome aboard.

Nice post. My TJR manual is my 7th Jeep and first TJ and my 06 TJR auto my 8th Jeep and 2nd TJ .....and I’m enamored . ... CJ looks , a little jk comfort (hear and air ) and more off road attitude than any I have owned .

Yours looks fantastic ...really good, and it’s nice to see it being enjoyed. .

You'll have to keep a secret, but I actually am starting to feel like I really liked my TJ Rubicon better than my JK Rubicon. :ROFLMAO:
One day you'll find a mint TJR and not be able to resist.

You'll have to keep a secret, but I actually am starting to feel like I really liked my TJ Rubicon better than my JK Rubicon. :ROFLMAO:

I am tracking down a lead on a sub 30k (word of mouth)mile garage kept original owner TJR right now.... apparently guy had a stroke and hasn’t driven it in years... you need one?

I loved my JK, for real but the TJ is really something special.

Here was my JKUR

13006452-FC02-4ED2-9438-53C5E9893035.jpeg

A6127EAA-34BB-4346-834F-FADC1A938E90.jpeg

Reactions: JeepZilla380
So, I’ve owned a few jeeps but never had a TJ. Wasn’t even really looking for one this past spring as I wanted to get back to to a CJ again. But I’m glad I did run across my TJR because I can honestly say I’ve never enjoying driving a Jeep as much as this one.

I’ve had a loaded JKUR 10th Anniversary, a JK, CJs etc... but a TJ, no frills, rowing through the gears and listening to the tractor motor just chug away, it’s amazing. I bought this with the intentions of 100% off roading and winter snow driving duties but find myself driving is 60 miles round trip to work a few times a week and enjoying every neck jarring bump along the way.

So to all you lurkers on here wondering if a TJ is the right choice for you, go for it. Don’t look back and enjoy the ride.

And to all the guys here and help answer a ton of questions and put together all those how to’s, go buy yourself a beer and pretend it’s from me because you are awesome. Look forward to many years of digital hang out with you all and maybe get a chance to meet some of you as I pursue my dream to wheel out west.

-Tristan

Because threads are worthless without pictures here’s one from a short country cruise...

View attachment 118903
Sweet looking TJR that's for sure......although I think the graffiti artist on the bridge is jealous. haha

I am tracking down a lead on a sub 30k (word of mouth)mile garage kept original owner TJR right now.... apparently guy had a stroke and hasn’t driven it in years... you need one?

I loved my JK, for real but the TJ is really something special.

Here was my JKUR

View attachment 118916

View attachment 118917

Very good looking JKUR, especially with the 10A red leather.

I love my JK as well, but for some reason I still find myself lusting after the simplicity and almost "old fashioned" ways of my TJ. I guess I should have known it would happen, but I felt like I at least needed to give the JK platform a try. It's very good, just different than the TJ in many, many ways.

Very good looking JKUR, especially with the 10A red leather.

I love my JK as well, but for some reason I still find myself lusting after the simplicity and almost "old fashioned" ways of my TJ. I guess I should have known it would happen, but I felt like I at least needed to give the JK platform a try. It's very good, just different than the TJ in many, many ways.

I wouldn’t mind having a stock JLR as a daily driver. As much as a I love the TJR, at 206k miles and 35 etc... I’d rather not wear it into the ground within the first year lol

I wouldn’t mind having a stock JLR as a daily driver. As much as a I love the TJR, at 206k miles and 35 etc... I’d rather not wear it into the ground within the first year lol

I hear you. The JK and JLs make much better daily drivers. But with the way I use my Jeeps, they'll never be daily drivers. To me they are purpose built vehicles, and if I'm much happier driving our Honda as a daily.

I hear you. The JK and JLs make much better daily drivers. But with the way I use my Jeeps, they'll never be daily drivers. To me they are purpose built vehicles, and if I'm much happier driving our Honda as a daily.

I got a little Chevy Malibu I should be driving. It’s just hard when the jeep is more fun

Reactions: Chris and DrDmoney

-Tristan

View attachment 118903
Agreed 100%, I bought mine thinking it would just be a weekend toy, I now use it as my daily and hate when I have to leave it at home and drive something else.

Somehow the TJ hits the perfect level of old and new. I spent a lot of time looking for a CJ like I drove in my youth. NY rust makes them a unicorn drinking a GOOD light beer.
Then stumbled on a 06 TJR and couldn't resist. I've never bought anything over $1,000 that I didn't have a tinge of buyers remorse until now. I get a grin just grabbing the keys knowing I'm going for a drive. Even my pup tries to go in the TJ over any other vehicle.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ