Suspension time (budget is 2k)

csaxj3

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Time to get the build going and pick up a new lift.

Budget is $2k for the lift - (lift only, no labor).

Currently set on the JKS JSPEC 3" kit (here), would add rear trackbar and steering stabilizer to the package.

Vehicle is stock 04 LJ I picked up a couple of weeks ago, goal is to run 33x10.5's and avoid a body lift. I'd rather do fenders than a body lift.

School me on whats out there, want to be in the 3-3.5" range.

FE5815-C69-F-4-F5-C-B80-C-5-A8-Dana 30-EBFE8-E-1813532.jpg

Update: Savvy 4" and SYE/DS ordered!

Last edited:
Your LJ looks like mine did the day I bought it. Same color and wheels. There is a ton of good info on this site for the exact combo you want. And well within your price range.

You can do a build it yourself kit with rancho parts. Currie and OME make good products also.

No issue increasing budget $500 as this is a one and done selection.

With the 4” options would that infer a SYE and driveshaft would be needed? Was part of the appeal of 3” since I’ve no intention of going 35”+ on this.

I’ll contact savvy about their package but with 3” coils.

thanks all!

With the 4” options would that infer a SYE and driveshaft would be needed? Was part of the appeal of 3” since I’ve no intention of going 35”+ on this.

thanks all!
Definitely see about the 3" coils with your 33's. My LJ needed an SYE with the 4" coils and not running a t-case drop.

You will be glad that you went that high end from the start if this is a rig your gonna keep.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BugoutJeep
Defiantly see about the 3" coils with your 33's. My LJ needed an SYE with the 4" coils and not running a t-case drop.

You will be glad that you went that high end from the start if this is a rig your gonna keep.

yup.

I've done the dance before where I end up going through a few setups to end up at the final build phase. End up spending 3x the cost of doing it right the first time.

Reactions: Cross-Threaded-06TJ
4 inch procomp coils $260
Control Arms $1200 Savvy/ Metalcloak/Core4x4
Rough Country front/teartrackbars $300(dont laugh😂)
Break lines, bump stops, sway bar disconnects $300
SYE and driveshaft $500
$2500 ish

Reactions: John Cooper

thanks all!
User configurable lift from savvy.

https://savvyoffroad.com/product/ce-9801sc1/

4 inch procomp coils $260
Control Arms $1200 Savvy/ Metalcloak/Core4x4
Rough Country front/teartrackbars $300(dont laugh😂)
Break lines, bump stops, sway bar disconnects $300
SYE and driveshaft $500
$2500 ish
Don’t forget shocks and tax.

I only keep posting this because no matter how you cut it, it costs around $3k to do the Johnny Joints.

The Savy was what I've been saving up for, but in the meantime, I decided to just go OME Springs/Rancho Shocks. Really all I'm missing are the double adjustable control arms at this point and that half an inch. Might I suggest getting MCE Fenders and making some room in the fenders.

I just got hit with the need to do some steering stuff at the same time and it was time to regear and rebuild both axles and add ARB lockers.

I'm really not terribly worried about the pinion angle until after I do a tummy tuck, which I plan to do after an Atlas transfer case.

The Savy was what I've been saving up for, but in the meantime, I decided to just go OME Springs/Rancho Shocks. Really all I'm missing are the double adjustable control arms at this point and that half an inch. Might I suggest getting MCE Fenders and making some room in the fenders.

I just got hit with the need to do some steering stuff at the same time and it was time to regear and rebuild both axles and add ARB lockers.

I'm really not terribly worried about the pinion angle until after I do a tummy tuck, which I plan to do after an Atlas transfer case.
I'm running the OME springs, Bilstein shocks, Currie control arms and JKS track bars front and rear. I've spent the money, it just didn't happen all at once. If I ever do another Jeep, I'll learn, and just drop the coin all at once and be done right away, vs spreading it out