Sway bar bracket hitting drag link on TeraFlex steering

Slicknick630

Hey everyone! First post here. I just bought this Jeep and it has the teraflex steering upgrade on it. The problem I have is the sway bar bracket on the axle comes in contact with my drag link. Has anyone run into a similar issue like this and what can I do to fix this issue. I want to be able to use my sway bar but right now only the drivers side will attach.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Ditch that piece of crap steering system and go back to the factory setup or a Currie Currectlync. That will solve the problem.

Either that, or do some trimming. However, that is a real piece of garbage steering set up just to put that out there. No offense intended.

Thanks for the advice I honestly was thinking the same thing going back to the original steering and how crappy this design is. I have the original steering knuckle I can put on but I would need a new setup any recommendations? It drives fine but I do have some play for sure but nothing uncontrollable. Here are some pics of the entire Jeep to.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Ditch that piece of crap steering system and go back to the factory setup or a Currie Currectlync. That will solve the problem.

Either that, or do some trimming. However, that is a real piece of garbage steering set up just to put that out there. No offense intended.
None taken! This design I just don’t see how you would ever be able to hook up a sway bar without modifying a ton of stuff. I totally agree with you lol.

I bought some Rubi axles that came with the Teraflex set up and the sway bar link mounts were huge. Anyway, went back to stock steering setup but still have the taller mounts on my jeep. Eventually I'll get stock mounts welded back on

That steering setup is supposed to be used in conjunction with their raised track bar bracket and different sway bar end link mounts, that's why they're hitting.

Reactions: Ante_Up