SYE Questions

Mrholland

TJ Enthusiast
Ride of the Month Winner
Lifetime Supporting Member
Its about time for me to tummy tuck my LJ. I have a legitimate 4" suspension lift and have enjoyed the factory shovel long enough. Tummy tuck will be savvy. All things considered, my t-case will think its been lifted approx 8". Im sure the recommendation will be SS SYE, right?? If yes, lets talk speedo. any issues. Any quirks or issues to be concerned with? Im only hesitant about SS due to the addition of speedo healer and or related pieces.

Any other thoughts or recommendations?

I got the Jb Conversions out of Sulphur, Louisiana. It was a super straight forward job.

Do make sure to measure the shifting rod, I forgot and had to take apart to make sure.

I got the SpeedoHealer, and it was not difficult.

I did have a somewhat common issue, the dang sensor that came with the SYE crapped out. The tone ring on the output is set by tightening down to the right torque on the yoke nut. If the speedometer bounces, that could be it.

I got the Jb Conversions out of Sulphur, Louisiana. It was a super straight forward job.

Do make sure to measure the shifting rod, I forgot and had to take apart to make sure.

I got the SpeedoHealer, and it was not difficult.

I did have a somewhat common issue, the dang sensor that came with the SYE crapped out. The tone ring on the output is set by tightening down to the right torque on the yoke nut. If the speedometer bounces, that could be it.

To echo CP Wolf, I got a JB Conversions SS Sye, and a speedo healer. Painless install, painless programming of the Speedo healer.

Reactions: xXDavidCXx
Not an LJ, but another vote for JB Conversions. Aside from the yoke not being torqued enough I've never had an issue with my sensor.

Not an LJ, but another vote for JB Conversions. Aside from the yoke not being torqued enough I've never had an issue with my sensor.

I'll point out with that sensor, I called JB, and they had one out the door that day and too me in a few days. They are high quality.

Reactions: tworley
Thank you all for the replies. I was low-key hoping to hear don't go SS...that didn't happen, seems the writing is on the wall