Tacoma vs TJ?

I own both also, 04 Taco TRD and 99 TJ.
The Taco is my "street machine" better power, ride etc. high teens /low 20's mileage.
The TJ is well, a TJ, OK power on the road, great turning radius, high teens/ low 20's mileage.
Off road the Jeep whips ass in every catagory !
Also if punching through deep snow drifts the TJ is much better than the Taco, (of course it can forget which end is forward LOL)
But you aren't worried about folding up thin valance panel, or taking out the C.V. boot or light duty R&P steering.
They definitely can not be Compared directly.

Reactions: RMETeeJay
Let me add my stupidity to this-

All they have in common are 2 things- they are automobiles and any warm sunny day a Tacoma guy sees as a TJ with the top down he wishes he owned it too.

The Tacoma is a nice truck, the TJ is an awesome Jeep. Worlds apart.

There is no such thing as going on a Tacoma Ride. That is unless that is what you call a Lowe’s run for 4 bags of mulch. I’ve had dates that were Jeep rides....or jeep rides that were dates.

There is probably not a Tacoma club in your area, although I’m sure they are out there. Probably meet at Taco Bell.

On a more serious note, and we have had a lot of talk about the new Bronco, and no doubt the Tacoma has a great following, but this is something that few automobiles have accomplished-

The Jeep is a lifestyle vehicle.

There are retail stores that sell Jeep merchandise....think about that.

It is wheeled the world over, collected, daily driven, the mail comes in it, it goes to war, it is both a national treasure and a toy at the same time.

The original Jeep was so good Hitler said “if you capture one so not destroy it.”

A Tacoma, in our area, is known as a winner. I have nothing against them whatsoever.

All this is to say they are so far apart I can’t even connect them.

Reactions: B00mb00m
Let me add my stupidity to this-

All they have in common are 2 things- they are automobiles and any warm sunny day a Tacoma guy sees as a TJ with the top down he wishes he owned it too.

The Tacoma is a nice truck, the TJ is an awesome Jeep. Worlds apart.

There is no such thing as going on a Tacoma Ride. That is unless that is what you call a Lowe’s run for 4 bags of mulch. I’ve had dates that were Jeep rides....or jeep rides that were dates.

There is probably not a Tacoma club in your area, although I’m sure they are out there. Probably meet at Taco Bell.

On a more serious note, and we have had a lot of talk about the new Bronco, and no doubt the Tacoma has a great following, but this is something that few automobiles have accomplished-

The Jeep is a lifestyle vehicle.

There are retail stores that sell Jeep merchandise....think about that.

It is wheeled the world over, collected, daily driven, the mail comes in it, it goes to war, it is both a national treasure and a toy at the same time.

The original Jeep was so good Hitler said “if you capture one so not destroy it.”

A Tacoma, in our area, is known as a winner. I have nothing against them whatsoever.

All this is to say they are so far apart I can’t even connect them.
Honestly, i'm not even sure Andy is speaking the same english language that i know and love but i'm going out on a limb and say what he's trying to impart is "the Taco is a light duty truck and the jeep is FUCKING THOROUGHBRED STALLION ready to take you on the adventure your meaningless life needs." Did i sum that up okay Andy?

Me personally...

TJ and not even close.

Tacoma's suck...in a lot of ways.

Frames are shit...but honestly the ride. The ride literally makes me nauseous. It hasn't changed much in 20 plus years. That Toyota ride is the big suck.

IFS sucks too.

If you need a truck...get a REAL truck. Ford Super Duty

Lol at many of the comments.

Both serve a very different purpose.

My TJ is a TOY. I wouldn’t really want to DD it much. I have, in the past but it’s not ideal for much of anything other than going topless/door less and off-road.

IFS does not “suck”. Hell Marlin Crawler just introduced a IFS that will surpass a SFA.

But if your a rock crawler the TJ will win out every time. Then again, those who say OMG it’s gonna be a $1000 to lift the Toyota 3”…..well that’s not fair to compare to a 2” BB a in TJ, cause those suck and can be done on a strut too. Which also suck.

I own a 5th Gen 4Runner that we WHEEL and a TJ that we WHEEL.

In the snow, the Toyota breaks trail. 👍

Lol at many of the comments.

Both serve a very different purpose.

My TJ is a TOY. I wouldn’t really want to DD it much. I have, in the past but it’s not ideal for much of anything other than going topless/door less and off-road.

IFS does not “suck”. Hell Marlin Crawler just introduced a IFS that will surpass a SFA.

But if your a rock crawler the TJ will win out every time. Then again, those who say OMG it’s gonna be a $1000 to lift the Toyota 3”…..well that’s not fair to compare to a 2” BB a in TJ, cause those suck and can be done on a strut too. Which also suck.

I own a 5th Gen 4Runner that we WHEEL and a TJ that we WHEEL.

In the snow, the Toyota breaks trail. 👍
If I need a truck...and I do...IFS sucks.
Period.

They are good at making a truck ride like a car. That's the ONLY reason IFS is on a truck. Driven by the leader in automobile sales...the half ton truck.

Yes can tee hee all you want about IFS doing this or that...but at what cost? If you're willing to put 10k into the IFS...ooookkk.

As the truck sits...IFS sucks.

The user name an post count says it all. Move along folks, there's nothing here to see!