Tail Pipe Interference

k-huevo

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
This tail pipe section contacts the tow bar, track bar, stabilizer bar, and body. Removing the tow bar fixed that issue, but the other problems remain. I see a few bolt-on replacements and I would like to hear experiences with any that aren't lousy like this one. 2005 TJ X
IMG_1404.JPG IMG_1407.JPG IMG_1409.JPG

Mine rubbed my right long arm, I had to make a modified hanger.

just cut it a tad short on a straight section of pipe forward that to slid it a bit forward. I did mine where it slid into the back of the muffler.

I had interference issues with mine and I took it to a local muffler shop, pointed out the issues, and they bent and reworked the tailpipe to clear everything. Cost me a whopping $40

I had interference issues with mine and I took it to a local muffler shop, pointed out the issues, and they bent and reworked the tailpipe to clear everything. Cost me a whopping $40

X2, this is what I would do. It's cheap, and any exhaust shop can do it in an hour or less in most cases.

Oxidation, holes in heat affected areas of welds, and packing loss in the muffler can; this cat-back is beyond repair.

I replaced that Magnaflow with a Flowmaster Force II cat-back for the TJ (817491). The series 60 Delta Flow muffler sounds fantastic!
Flowmaster.JPG

Reactions: KCsTJ