Tailgate hinge replacement?

Stockli

TJ Enthusiast
My hinges look like trash, paint flaking etc. I can't understand why jeep could get the door and tailgate hinges right.

Any recommendations on heavy duty nice looking replacements?

Powder coated and ready to install would be great. If I am going to replace may as well upgrade them lol.

My hinges look like trash, paint flaking etc. I can't understand why jeep could get the door and tailgate hinges right.

Any recommendations on heavy duty nice looking replacements?

Powder coated and ready to install would be great. If I am going to replace may as well upgrade them lol.

I had to replace mine on my previous TJ and went with these ones: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004OI9MA8/?tag=wranglerorg-20

They're identical to stock and made of stainless steel (so they won't rust). They seem a bit expensive, but they're cheaper than most of them (some sets are like $250!).

The paint has flaked off mine but they look like they're oxidizing like aluminum. Any ideas why that might be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The paint has flaked off mine but they look like they're oxidizing like aluminum. Any ideas why that might be?

Sounds like it was a very poor paint job would be my guess. Paint work is all about prepping. If someone didn't prep them right, the paint wouldn't stick well at all and it would eventually just flake off.

they make black ABS plastic covers that go over the hinges. Ive been thinking about getting them for my 04 to hide the past owners horrible job of bondo and paint

Reactions: Chris
Sounds like it was a very poor paint job would be my guess. Paint work is all about prepping. If someone didn't prep them right, the paint wouldn't stick well at all and it would eventually just flake off.

It was the factory paint so it's possible

Reactions: Chris