Tailgate roll cage tie-in bracket

TJosh02

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I sourced some inexpensive but HD tailgate hinges from Ebay. However, I was looking to see if anyone has seen reinforcement brackets sold individually? I mean the ones that tie into the cage on the passenger side to help distribute the weight on the hinges/body. Might be a long shot. I haven't seen it, but wondered if I missed anything.

You could make one... the green one in this photo is homemade - I made it 12 years ago when I was designing the original Exogate. It served as a proof of concept for testing and as an initial pattern for the black MORryde one in the photo. It wasn't very difficult to make, I think I bent it in a vise back then although I don't recall, it's been 12 years since I made it. It's been hanging on the pegboard above my workbench ever since MORryde sent me a preproduction prototype to swap into the Jeep for testing. (Both of these are exactly the same size, the perspective of the photo is making the green one look larger). I've had a production version in my Jeep for almost 12 years now.

ExogateBrace4.jpg

Due to the price, I did not order one.
Figured I could make one, but never got around to it.

Last edited:
That is a great and frugal idea. If I had the means to fabricate, I might go that way.

The reason why I didn't get the Morryde in the first place is it is a bit expensive here in Canada and I have gone through a few options for tire carriers, this is my fourth. I was hoping to piece it together cheap until I verify I like this setup better than others I've tried. I lost some money each time I flipped the others.

I might buy the Morryde brace though.