Tapping noise from engine

RicanCrazy

Good evening Forum! Got an issue that I've been poking at for about a month with no luck. I am getting a tapping noise coming from the engine only when I give the engine power. When I'm at idle, coasting a steady speed without giving it more power, and putting it in park and giving it gas to raise the RPM is the times the tapping DOES NOT happen. What I've worked on this past year was the following:

Changed the Cylinder Head (used the old rods and rockers torquing down to 19ft lbs and making sure they went back the same way they were taken out and in order)
Changed the exhaust manifold (new flex pipe one)
Changed the water pump
Changed the throttle body (BBK 62mm throttle body)
changed the fan and clutch
changed the thermostat
changed the radiator and cap
changed all sensors under bay to Mopar originals
changed ignition coil, wires, cap, rotor, sensor (didn't tackle distributor due to not being comfortable with TDC my engine yet, of course if it ain't broke don't fix it lol)
changed the leaky seal on the transmission shift (A/T)
changed o2 sensor (upper)
changed transmission speed sensor
changed PCM

I know most of these are not related to the noise from the engine but may as well list what I've touched this past year just incase and cover all basis. Any and all input is welcome as usual. Thanks in advance to those who respond. She drives normal and this is just me not wanting to hear this tapping as I drive (personally just drives me insane). 😁

Good evening Forum! Got an issue that I've been poking at for about a month with no luck. I am getting a tapping noise coming from the engine only when I give the engine power. When I'm at idle, coasting a steady speed without giving it more power, and putting it in park and giving it gas to raise the RPM is the times the tapping DOES NOT happen. What I've worked on this past year was the following:

Changed the Cylinder Head (used the old rods and rockers torquing down to 19ft lbs and making sure they went back the same way they were taken out and in order)
Changed the water pump
changed the thermostat
changed ignition coil, wires, cap, rotor, sensor (didn't tackle distributor due to not being comfortable with TDC my engine yet, of course if it ain't broke don't fix it lol)
changed PCM

I know most of these are not related to the noise from the engine but may as well list what I've touched this past year just incase and cover all basis. Any and all input is welcome as usual. Thanks in advance to those who respond. She drives normal and this is just me not wanting to hear this tapping as I drive (personally just drives me insane). 😁

Were the lifters changed? I know the 4l often have a lifter tick and usually it goes away when rpm's rise from more oil flowing

Maybe pull the oil pan and pull a bearing cap...not the rear one if your RMS isn't leaking... inspect the bearings and possibly roll in new ones?

What's your oil pressure?

Consider sending your oil out for analysis... Blackstone Lab has been recommended.

-Mac

Changed the water pump
changed the thermostat
changed PCM

Link a YouTube video of the sound. Usually engine noises are differentiated with a knock or a tick. Tapping might be either. The 4.0, much like older small block GM engines and Hemi engines are known for ticking from the lifters.

What's odd is that the tapping doesn't happen at idle.