Tents: how do you camp?

Basiasadie

TJ Enthusiast
I'm looking into figuring out how to attach a tent to my tj, or a good solution for camping.
What all do you guys do to accomplish camping with your jeep, do you have an attached tent?
Show off your solutions.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

My solution when I go out in the Jeep...
Calico 2015 Desert Wranglers 002.JPG

Reactions: Kiwi TJ and Chris
We use a back packing tent like the Coleman Sundome. Cheap, small, light. It works for three seasons, four if you don't mind being cramped and taking a chance of getting a little wet. The Jeep is one step above backpacking for us. For anything of longer duration than three or four days, we break out the wall tent and the Suburban. That's nicer than my first apartment. Wood stove and hot & cold running water included.

Two-person tent with vestibules, 20-deg sleeping bag, air mattress. I bought a couple of those heavy wool blankets from the Army surplus store and put those down on the floor underneath the air mattress to keep it cozy. I've awoken to snow with mid-October camping so got to plan for the cold. The best time to camp out in CO, IMO, is around 4th of July. In the mountains it still drops to ~ 45-degrees, which is just about perfect.

F907E207-7DC5-4521-AABE-6B1DAF021C9C_zpsxdqcc66g.jpg