Texas Texas Jeepers!

Hidden Falls meet up was a blast. Winches came in handy as everyone in the group had to be winched at one point in time. Today was definitely my favorite wheeling trip by far! FM TRO has to be the best trail out there. I believe it took us about 3 1/2 hrs to complete. Exhausting trail, but a great one!

I didn't get a chance for many good pictures as the creek beds are just too narrow.

I was actually able to get out there at 10 after work this morning. Met up with @JMT and we started off on Snoopy Falls.

View attachment 58852

Further down the trail, JMT found a nice hole.

View attachment 58853

He was very persistent...

Time for recovery vehicle #1. We thought about winching straight out but... I noticed a pretty solid tree to the left and figured a snatch block would be best used. Worked great!

View attachment 58856

View attachment 58857

Decided to back up and take the high ground.

View attachment 58858

View attachment 58859

We tooled around a little more and then head back to Area B. Met up with Nate and his XJ. From here we decided to head out to FM TRO. A very long trail. Really long, for ever long, did I say long yet trail?

View attachment 58863

View attachment 58860

View attachment 58861

View attachment 58862

After FM TRO we took Penthouse up to WildCat Mountain for the group shot.

View attachment 58864

View attachment 58865

What a great day!

Missed you @KCsTJ @Blackoutt @jchadscud and the rest of you Texas guys!
Great pics and write up @b0xcar !
Looks like more than fun ! Hope we can schedule one in Nov. :)

Wow those pictures are awesome! Glad my city Jeep wasn’t there though! Looks like some rough trails.

That looks like I do the filming via drone or 360 camera in exchange for a ride along!

Reactions: KCsTJ
Wow those pictures are awesome! Glad my city Jeep wasn’t there though! Looks like some rough trails.

That looks like I do the filming via drone or 360 camera in exchange for a ride along!
You have to come wheelin @jchadscud... a drone video would be incredible!
..on some of the tougher trails, i just take the bypass road cuz my jeep is a DD plus it has to get me back to Dallas ! :)

Reactions: JMT and jchadscud
Yeah getting back home is important too! I guess this means I need a dedicated trail rig?!
Well that's up to you my friend, but your present rig is already very well set up.... it's way too nice to scratch up, I certainly get that.
That's why I said you could be the drone king and all us would love to see your fine beast.... and be on drone tv! ;) :)

Reactions: JMT
Yeah I wouldn’t mind seeing some dirt or granite rock and having a little fun. Anything more than that and I’ll watch it from the passenger seat or via the drone feed!

Reactions: JMT and KCsTJ
Yeah I wouldn’t mind seeing some dirt or granite rock and having a little fun. Anything more than that and I’ll watch it from the passenger seat or via the drone feed!
Hidden Falls has some good mild trails you can run your Jeep on. Many stock jeeps get around out there just fine. On the tougher trails you can do some ride alongs.

Reactions: JMT and KCsTJ
Hidden Falls has some good mild trails you can run your Jeep on. Many stock jeeps get around out there just fine. On the tougher trails you can do some ride alongs.

That sounds perfect!

I’ve got a trip planned already for Nov 3rd, but I’ll be down there around the Christmas holidays to be with family. Maybe something may work then for filming!

Marble Falls has both, @JMT and @b0xcar know the hard trails so I shy away from those and err on the side of caution .
I think If I see your drone I'll want one!

Reactions: b0xcar
As @b0xcar said, we had a great day at Hidden Falls. B0xcar was able to get off work early. We hit Snoopy Falls early.

I got stuck between a rock and a hardtop.
78D7E8D3-2900-4E47-8720-69793DA9486A.jpeg

It went “crack” and b0xcar went “oh oh.” He brilliantly broke out his snatch block to winch me away from the wall.
DA3DE3A7-CE69-4A89-B239-29BC322ABF8C.jpeg

Worked like a charm.
DA3DE3A7-CE69-4A89-B239-29BC322ABF8C.jpeg

6DF9AE3C-7DC0-4C80-A483-BDD44775EB1D.jpeg

No serious damage that I know of, yet. I’ll look hard tomorrow.
Continued on. These creek beds were really wet due to our recent downpours, but fortunately no rain today.

We made our way back to Area B to join up with Nate and his XJ.
F5B1F224-2FA5-49B4-811D-DB78213A76A9.jpeg

He runs the 2.5L, 4.88 gears, a spool and a lunchbox on 35’s. He fabbed up the rock sliders in these shots.
94CFE3D3-0D7D-42B3-B6A4-AF09560358FC.png

B0ADC41E-B865-416B-B65F-626C73655F61.jpeg

To all the MC naysayers, you haven’t seen anything. B0xcar makes things look easy!
A3F1E726-3707-49A8-AA9E-DE325396A0FB.png

03F5F3E4-9041-4DEE-B029-1DD7BCDC2EBE.png

Well, most of the time he makes it look easy...
FC7D01DF-966D-4D42-B69A-0671577CF728.jpeg

CBE426ED-2F81-4F9F-87A2-DA6F40DC7E1A.jpeg

Check out how his progressive springs are working in the above pic

These pics are from FM TRO, a long trail that took up most of our day. Just 200 yards in I got to try out my new front locker on this off camber climb. Wheel in the air like I just don’t care!
76357297-81B8-4491-B300-E4AC55ABC1C0.png

Another for good measure
44B7BFDB-4A23-4217-9287-82A567599B3C.png

The locker is everything I hoped it would be, and more. We finished off with a pic at the top of Wildcat Mountain.
7B5B22A3-2760-4803-90D0-478E9AAC553F.jpeg

A good day. A very good day!

City jeep ?? Um you have quite a build, @jchadscud , kindof a sleeper build, done right and stout, it's a beast, it aint no city jeep in my book :) city jeep...sheesh !

Reactions: JMT
Ha! Yeah meant more that it spends most of its time on pavement! With the recent rains I’ve done a few creek crossings (trickles of water running through a cross street) and even some rock crawling (the rain had washed some gravel into a pile on the street). I considered going around the gravel since I don’t have lockers, but I was blocked on either side by aggregate boulders (common street curbs).

[emoji38]

Reactions: KCsTJ