Texas Texas Jeepers!

I didn't know you were going too Kris. You both be safe and have fun! Take a bunch of pictures.
Oh man what a day, finished installing fenders on my wife's JK, got the LJ prep and loaded, and got all the tires air checked and truck fueled up. Now I gotta pack some clothes and get ready to take off in the morning. We are really looking forward to this trip!

Clothes that’s what I forgot to pack!

What?! Man, wish I were going. How many are going? What trains are y’all planning? I’d do Hell’s for sure. It’s very fun, take the hard lines if your comfortable
I'am open for suggestions could you put together a playlist for us! 🤠 Thanks in advance!

Load up we will meet you there!
I’ll write you a note to get out of work and for the wife!
I would so love to ditch my responsibilities, load up right now and head out. 😬

I'am open for suggestions could you put together a playlist for us! 🤠 Thanks in advance!
I'd say...

Tips
  • Buy a week pass for the sand flats area, especially if you are thinking you will run trails in there on more than one day. It will save you money.
  • Keep your rig as level as possible when driving obstacles.
  • Air down to sub 15psi
  • Keep your lockers locked on the trail (if you have lockers). The tires will screech, that is normal.
Trails

• Fins-n-Things has a south and north section. The south section is boring. Skip it by going down the Sand Flats Road traveling East and get in at Waypoint 03. It is short, you can run it in 1 1/2 hr. It is a nice side trail if you are having a short day and want to get out on the trail a bit more. It is close to town, big bonus.
  • Hells Revenge. This should be a no brainer. Do it, it is fun, it has good challenges. You guys can run Hell's Gate, but be careful, keep your rig level at all times. Rigs do turn over here. The Escalator is difficult unless you know the lines. I did not run it. If you decide too, as you crest the big up, you have to turn hard right so you can get your passenger tire sidewall against the rock. You can get winched up if another rig is present. Don't do it alone. The line is not obvious. Don't get in any crazy hot tubs! There are bypasses for both obstacles. Outside of that, I took all the hard lines. 😉
  • Poison Spyder Mesa. This is a fun trail with a beautiful reward as you look down over the river and Moab! In and out trail.
  • Top of the World. Easy till the last 2-3 miles. The reward makes it totally worth it. Hard to find the trail head. Don't get lost. Follow a very good map or go with a group that knows the way. 35 minutes outside of town.
  • Elephant Hill. Very different. 45 minute drive south of Moab to trailhead. Not too difficult. Has tight switchbacks. One section you back up on. Makes for a beautiful day. Don't forget to take a few hiking trails. They're worth it. Gas up before you leave, you'll be low on gas by the time you get back to town. Full day.
Trails I would consider if I returned

• Where Eagles Dare
  • Devil's Racetrack
  • Sevenmile Rim
  • ???
Hope y'all have a great time. You'll do fine. Be smart. You want to come home. I hope to go in 2020.

JMT

I'd say...

Tips
  • Buy a week pass for the sand flats area, especially if you are thinking you will run trails in there on more than one day. It will save you money.
  • Air down to sub 15psi
  • Keep your lockers locked on the trail (if you have lockers). The tires will screech, that is normal.
Trails

• Fins-n-Things has a south and north section. The south section is boring. Skip it by going down the Sand Flats Road traveling East and get in at Waypoint 03. It is short, you can run it in 1 1/2 hr. It is a nice side trail if you are having a short day and want to get out on the trail a bit more. It is close to town, big bonus.
  • Hells Revenge. This should be a no brainer. Do it, it is fun, it has good challenges. You guys can run Hell's Gate, but be careful, keep your rig level at all times. Rigs do turn over here. The Escalator is difficult unless you know the lines. I did not run it. If you decide too, as you crest the big up, you have to turn hard right so you can get your passenger tire sidewall against the rock. You can get winched up if another rig is present. Don't do it alone. The line is not obvious. Don't get in any crazy hot tubs! There are bypasses for both obstacles. Outside of that, I took all the hard lines. 😉
  • Poison Spyder Mesa. This is a fun trail with a beautiful reward as you look down over the river and Moab! In and out trail.
  • Top of the World. Easy till the last 2-3 miles. The reward makes it totally worth it. Hard to find the trail head. Don't get lost. Follow a very good map or go with a group that knows the way. 35 minutes outside of town.
  • Elephant Hill. Very different. 45 minute drive south of Moab to trailhead. Not too difficult. Has tight switchbacks. One section you back up on. Makes for a beautiful day. Don't forget to take a few hiking trails. They're worth it. Gas up before you leave, you'll be low on gas by the time you get back to town. Full day.

• Where Eagles Dare
  • Devil's Racetrack
  • Sevenmile Rim
  • ???
Hope y'all have a great time. You'll do fine. Be smart. You want to come home. I hope to go in 2020.

JMT
I'd say...

Tips
  • Air down to sub 15psi
Trails

• Where Eagles Dare
  • Devil's Racetrack
  • Sevenmile Rim
  • ???

JMT
Thank you Jermey for the list, we will be checking out the trail you have listed, I'll let you know how it went.

Reactions: JMT
I'd say...

Tips
  • Air down to sub 15psi
Trails

• Where Eagles Dare
  • Devil's Racetrack
  • Sevenmile Rim
  • ???

JMT
Sounds like you've been a dozen times already. You learnt that all in one trip? You're a smart cookie! Great tips!!

When do you plan to go in 2020? I bid next years vacations in 3 weeks.

Sounds like you've been a dozen times already. You learnt that all in one trip? You're a smart cookie! Great tips!!

When do you plan to go in 2020? I bid next years vacations in 3 weeks.
April 25, car show weekend in Moab. Lots of fun, a couple weeks after Easter Safari

Thank you Jermey for the list, we will be checking out the trail you have listed, I'll let you know how it went.
But hey, don't take my word for it. Do what trails you guys want! Have a great time. I'll be rooting for you from WA.

What an awesome first wheeling trip to Moab! Kris we're glad you could make it up there to join us. The wet weather mid week made things interesting for sure. We are looking forward to a return trip maybe in the spring. Let me know when you wanna make it down here and maybe we can get together with b0xcar out at HF.

Oh yeah I almost forgot, thank you JMT for the trail suggestions! We started with Fins and Things on day one, Shafer Trail on day two, Poison Spyder Mesa on day 3 and finished up with Hells Revenge on our last day of wheeling. Our last day was spent boot'n around Arches. What an awesome awesome play ground for jeep'n!

Almost there!
I think I’m gonna submit this picture for Jeep of the month

6DD2BCBC-685A-4D57-A9A0-C51C40D70A55.jpeg

Reactions: Kris M
Hey guys I only got 4 more weekends left in Texas. We got to get a trip together to hidden falls set up!
Erik, KrisM and I are gonna meet up this Saturday morning at HF. You are welcome to join us if you can make it. We are also gonna meet up the following Sunday with b0xcar at HF if that’s better for you. Let me know.