Texas Texas Jeepers!

Is this black step bar under the body, drivers side, whats called a nerf bar?
20180318_161342.jpg

Or a rocker, if not what is a nerf bar

I’ll just say this, I’m replacing mine come tax return. If you want mine, you can have them. They function as a step and as semi protection from big rocks. Mine have seen some big rocks, but not too bad.

I think a better option is a rock slider that has aa built in side step. I’m looking at the TNT, Genright Mini Boat Sliders and the Savvy, with the latter two being my favorites

Reactions: KCsTJ
Weather always hard to tell this far out in the Hill Country, but forecast looks real nice right now, low 70’s. Rain is rare in these parts, so I don’t foresee a problem. Some forecast for Tuesday and Wednesday coming up.

Expecting rain early part of the week. Could possibly get pushed back into the weekend. This is what the weather seems to do around here. Looks clear as of now for the trip. I've been riding around the last couple weeks with the top off. Looks like the top will be put back on for a few days next week. If we have nice weather, @JMT are you top on or off for Sat? @KCsTJ has a soft top, (I am a little jealous) on the fly decisions made easy.

Screenshot_20180324-102707.png

How much did the tranny cooler set you back and was the install easy?
I believe the cooler was $60-70. it was more expensive d/t the an6 fittings.
Install was not easy due to the large size of the cooler and the small space in the grill area to fit into.
Took me 3 hours. This is a temporary setup... that's why the cooler is suspended by zip ties.
I fabricated a little metal angle iron with holes which I mounted to rubber hose covers on the vertical grill support rods.
Zip ties support the cooler. Yah I know, but it works great and no leaks and later I'll make it all neat and Pretty!
And as for blocking or heating incoming air, there is plenty of room, 1 inch, behind the cooler for ambient air recirculation, so no problem, works like a charm all day. :)

Reactions: b0xcar
Expecting rain early part of the week. Could possibly get pushed back into the weekend. This is what the weather seems to do around here. Looks clear as of now for the trip. I've been riding around the last couple weeks with the top off. Looks like the top will be put back on for a few days next week. If we have nice weather, @JMT are you top on or off for Sat? @KCsTJ has a soft top, (I am a little jealous) on the fly decisions made easy.

View attachment 36723
I’ll be top off if nicer weather, or at least windows out, I just put my soft top on for the first time today. Yeah, first time since I got the Jeep in 2016. LOL! So, having spent the time to figure that out, I imagine it will still be on, and if I can figure out how to put it back, I’ll do that, or just take the windows out, though right now, I have no clue how to do these things, it’s just on, that’s all I know, except it was bloody hell figuring it out.

Well I’ll be down in that area next weekend now, but we’ll be in San Antonio Saturday. My wife went to Loyola Chicago and they made it to the Final Four! I went to Tech so hoping for a victory tomorrow and on to San Antonio!

Look forward to hearing about the wheeling trip though!

Reactions: JMT
I’ll be top off if nicer weather, or at least windows out, I just put my soft top on for the first time today. Yeah, first time since I got the Jeep in 2016. LOL! So, having spent the time to figure that out, I imagine it will still be on, and if I can figure out how to put it back, I’ll do that, or just take the windows out, though right now, I have no clue how to do these things, it’s just on, that’s all I know, except it was bloody hell figuring it out.

I may be able to get the day off! Let me see and I will let you know!
Well @TrooperJosh what's the verdict, are we going to have to call in sick for ya? Lol

Well I’ll be down in that area next weekend now, but we’ll be in San Antonio Saturday. My wife went to Loyola Chicago and they made it to the Final Four! I went to Tech so hoping for a victory tomorrow and on to San Antonio!

Look forward to hearing about the wheeling trip though!
I’m a Tech grad. Guns up!

Nice! What years were you out there? I was there 1997-2000 for undergrad and did the Exec MBA from 2011-2013.
1995-1998 for undergrad. My wife is from Lubbock. Been in my rear view mirror since 2004.

I believe the cooler was $60-70. it was more expensive d/t the an6 fittings.
Install was not easy due to the large size of the cooler and the small space in the grill area to fit into.
Took me 3 hours. This is a temporary setup... that's why the cooler is suspended by zip ties.
I fabricated a little metal angle iron with holes which I mounted to rubber hose covers on the vertical grill support rods.
Zip ties support the cooler. Yah I know, but it works great and no leaks and later I'll make it all neat and Pretty!
And as for blocking or heating incoming air, there is plenty of room, 1 inch, behind the cooler for ambient air recirculation, so no problem, works like a charm all day. :)
Sounds good. Seeing this makes me think that I may need to do this down the road.