Texas Texas Jeepers!

So SWR didn't change their schedule. My last post about their schedule is on page 5. They don't have anything for April. All my weekends are taken except the 28th of April. That's the week I start my new work schedule. If we do Hidden Falls I could probably get out there around 11ish.
Hidden Falls I think I'm good for the 28th.

SWR Memorial Day Weekend. Why I keep thinking they have a scheduled run in April I don't know, but I have to stop thinking that! May, May, May. I think I got it now.

P.s. I finally got some spending money, it's not much, but it's enough to get a Currie AR (which I keep thinking yes, no, maybe, yes, I don't know), and a few other things. Or just get an SWR meter and save the rest...:)

Hidden Falls I think I'm good for the 28th.

SWR Memorial Day Weekend. Why I keep thinking they have a scheduled run in April I don't know, but I have to stop thinking that! May, May, May. I think I got it now.

P.s. I finally got some spending money, it's not much, but it's enough to get a Currie AR (which I keep thinking yes, no, maybe, yes, I don't know), and a few other things. Or just get an SWR meter and save the rest...:)
I wouldn't worry about an SWR meter. You can use the one I have anytime. I think you could get what you need for $80 or less for a antenna mount, Firestick and so-239 connection. :aplastao:

Reactions: JMT
I wouldn't worry about an SWR meter. You can use the one I have anytime. I think you could get what you need for $80 or less for a antenna mount, Firestick and so-239 connection. :aplastao:
Maybe I'll send the Cobra Magnetic Antenna back. It was Amazon Prime I believe. I kept the packaging...just find a box...

Good idea. Now your cost went down more for what you need. I'm not a cb guru but I purchased the 12ft cable and it seems to work. Not sure if the 18ft cable would be best? Maybe Jerry would be the guy to talk to about it.

Good idea. Now your cost went down more for what you need. I'm not a cb guru but I purchased the 12ft cable and it seems to work. Not sure if the 18ft cable would be best? Maybe Jerry would be the guy to talk to about it.
12 foot seems more than sufficient, and the same gauge wire over longer distances reduces signal quality and strength, so 10 would be even better, but 12 is reasonable. I can't think of anywhere on the Jeep that would be farther than about 9-10 feet from the CB unit.

@b0xcar. Sucks your work schedule is changing. I can get into Wolf Caves any day of the week, but Sunday's-Thursdays are my work days. I could possibly get off some Mondays if I work a Friday. At Hidden Falls I think you have to have an annual pass to have open access any day of the week.

@b0xcar. Sucks your work schedule is changing. I can get into Wolf Caves any day of the week, but Sunday's-Thursdays are my work days. I could possibly get off some Mondays if I work a Friday. At Hidden Falls I think you have to have an annual pass to have open access any day of the week.
Yes, I'm going to miss my Fridays and Sats off. It was a good schedule. Correct. The annual pass will get you in any day of the week.

Yes, I'm going to miss my Fridays and Sats off. It was a good schedule. Correct. The annual pass will get you in any day of the week.
Maybe you'll get that schedule back one day! What does that mean for your chances at SWR in May?

Maybe you'll get that schedule back one day! What does that mean for your chances at SWR in May?
Not sure their requirements. Do you HAVE to be there for the meeting Saturday morning to have access the whole weekend. If not, I could definitely do the Sunday or Monday that trip.

Not sure their requirements. Do you HAVE to be there for the meeting Saturday morning to have access the whole weekend. If not, I could definitely do the Sunday or Monday that trip.
It looks like you HAVE to.

"Please remember: No late shows! You MUST attend the Driver's Meeting at 8:30 AM to proceed to SWR."

The Driver's Meeting is at one location, then you leave and proceed to SWR. Sounds like about a 15 - 20 min drive.

It looks like you HAVE to.

"Please remember: No late shows! You MUST attend the Driver's Meeting at 8:30 AM to proceed to SWR."

The Driver's Meeting is at one location, then you leave and proceed to SWR. Sounds like about a 15 - 20 min drive.
Drivers meeting each day? (I hope!) If not, I won't be able to swing this one. Guess I will have to call and find out.

I believe that's the plan! SWR I thought was in April. Can't find my original screen shot I took.

Looks like they possibly changed their schedule. April is a nogo for SWR.
View attachment 37684
Another Hidden Falls Run or somewhere else?
Any input on April's wheel weekend?
@KCsTJ , @JMT , @TrooperJosh , @jchadscud , @Kyle_W ... any other Texans want to join?
I could do Hidden Falls in April :)
20180331_145411.jpg

Here's @b0xcar on Moonscape at Wolf Caves, Mason, TX. It was a really cool run, end of the day, tight corner at the end, pretty steep and off camber.

Last edited: