Texas Texas Jeepers!

Also.... Just FYI

HIDDEN FALLS ADVENTURE PARK

PHASE 3 REOPENING!

We will reopen with regular operating hours and selling new memberships beginning Thursday, May 14th!

Our online reservation system will be available to make camping reservations starting this coming Wednesday.

The General Store in Area B & The American Girl Grill Food Truck will both be open all weekend starting Friday.

**The following will apply until further notice**

• We care about the health and safety of everyone coming into the park. We will be closely monitoring the number of people in the park and will reserve the right to refuse service in order to maintain healthy operating space.
  • No group gatherings or group camping (NO groups larger than 5 people that are not part of the same family or household), so please be mindful of your space.
  • Primitive camping and day use will be on a first come first serve basis and again we will reserve the right to refuse service if we feel the space is congested. This pertains to all customers & members as well.
  • We are no longer offering helmet rentals so please bring your own or you can purchase one in our General Store while supplies last. Helmets are required on all ATV’s & Dirt Bikes.
  • We will be limiting the number of people on the porch at check in so please be patient & wait in your vehicle until a staff member directs you.
  • We encourage everyone to bring hand sanitizer to have at camp and if possible bring your own hand soap & toilet paper due to the limited supply that we currently have. Please help us in keeping our bathrooms clean.

Thank you to everyone for being patient during our reopening process. We are excited to have the gates open again!!!

DAMN!!!! AGAIN!

I swear, every time I tear into some major mod/upgrade/repair on my TJ, a cool trip pops up here!
So, of course...
View attachment 160353

Heck, with the 😷 thang going on and HF shut down, I figured it was a perfect time to dive into the "bedliner the interior" project. Shoulda known 😖. So, fine, I'll do this, you do that. I'm sure I'll have just as much fun 🙄.

On the good side, I'm hopin' that this will be my last project that'll put the the TJ on the injured-reserve list for a while and that I can just do mods that don't require any major down time; at least until the end of "the season".

Seriously, have a blast guys! It looks like it ought to be a good time. 🤘
Durn man, dash out???
What kind of liner, method of application & color are you doing?

Durn man, dash out???
What kind of liner, method of application & color are you doing?
U-POL Raptor urethane spray-on (compressor and air hose style). Got the tintable version and a single bottle of Custom Colors metallic black tint. Hoping to get it to come out a light metallic grey; basically silver, to match(ish) the paint.

Took the dash out for two reasons 1) to get up and around it with no issues and 2) to check the condition of just anything and everything behind it. I had to take the one out of my previous TJ (2001) to hunt down a leak so I knew what it took to get it out. Really, not too bad....'bout an hour, one way.

EDIT: Leanderthal :ROFLMAO:...love it!!

Reactions: Tldelaney and FJQue
Nice, can't wait to see how this comes out. I am pretty much 96% against bedliner BUT I really liked Speedliner on all my truck beds and they have a color called Dove Grey that I just loved every time, had it in 2 of my trucks. I feel like if you do it right & don't paint over all your bolts, etc., bedliner can really be nice. And certainly looks like you're doing it right. I kinda wanna do mine so keep us posted if you will!

Taping off all the bolts except the ones for the Savvy cable shifter mount...those are never going anywhere and, even if I had to remove them, they're good old-fashioned hex-head bolts that I could "dig out" pretty easily.

Looks like the weather is not going to cooperate this weekend, of course. No way I'm going to try doing it with the top on so, we'll see what gets done.

Last edited:
Reactions: FJQue
Yeah I know
Taping off all the bolts except the ones for the Savvy cable shifter mount...those are never going anywhere and, even if I had to remove them, they're good old-fashioned hex-head bolts that I could "dig out" pretty easily.

Looks like the weather is not going to cooperate this weekend, of course. No way I'm going to try doing it with the top on so, we'll see what gets done.
Keep us posted, yes I know, I got camping reservations at Hidden Falls this weekend, don't look good for that either

Who all is committed on Sunday at Wolfs Caves?
Bob and Tim and I are for sure. Wade text me and was checking on a reservation spot anyone else?

I entered the info online earlier tonight. Will try to call them tomorrow to confirm.

All that to say I’m in if I can get confirmation that they will let me into the park.

Reactions: b0xcar
I entered the info online earlier tonight. Will try to call them tomorrow to confirm.

All that to say I’m in if I can get confirmation that they will let me into the park.
Tell Kurt or Camilla Jeremy Thomas sent you. Sweet people.

They responded this morning and gave me a great welcome. Unfortunately, my father had a medical issue today and I can’t make it tomorrow.
But I will definitely be heading out there soon.
Y’all have fun, will catch up with you next time.

They responded this morning and gave me a great welcome. Unfortunately, my father had a medical issue today and I can’t make it tomorrow.
But I will definitely be heading out there soon.
Y’all have fun, will catch up with you next time.
Sorry to hear about your father. Hope it all worked out well.

Probably not good for me tomorrow or Monday, could have probably made today work but purty short notice for you Kris.