The 42RLE hot / cold thread of all threads

toximus

I live in my Jeep
Supporting Member
This is the radiator on my 2005, but don't rely on this picture or driver/passenger side to know which is which.

IMG_20191027_130836.png

This picture is all you need to know. As long as your Jeep is on its wheels on relatively flat pavement, the return (cold) port is on top of the 42RLE and the output (hot) port is on the bottom.

IMG_20191027_125927.png

Any questions class?

@toximus

Do you know the fitting thread size on the trans there? Is it 5/8-18 Inverted? I'm trying to convert that line to AN.

I don't know. I kept the stock hard lines when I converted to AN.

Be sure to post up if you find the answer though!

Hmm ok. Did you just convert your factory hard line to AN?

I slipped one end of the hoses over the hard lines with hose clamps, the other end I used pushlock fittings from aeroquip and connected to the coolers.

This picture is all you need to know. As long as your Jeep is on its wheels on relatively flat pavement, the return (cold) port is on top of the 42RLE and the output (hot) port is on the bottom.

Any questions class?

Yes, one.

How uneven does the pavement have to be for the hot/cold ports to be reversed?

This is the radiator on my 2005, but don't rely on this picture or driver/passenger side to know which is which.

View attachment 121972

View attachment 121973

Any questions class?

Noted this for the auto swap @hosejockey61 's next week. Thanks!