The fortunate JK, JL of the day thread

This guy is also over on the JL forum. Living the life IMO, retired, building a sweat clean rig (as you can see) and wheeling it. Sounds like a good retirement to me :)
Looks awesome. Did he do a sport and add the Rubicon flares?

*never mind I see the power done hood now

Last edited:
Looks awesome. Did he do a sport and add the Rubicon flares?

If I remember right he started with a Rubi and completely de-badged it. I wish I could remember his user name because he might have had a build thread.
The Mrs. and I have been drinking the kool-aid for almost two years now. Sometimes I find it hard to see these beautiful rigs because we both want to go bigger but lack the funds... lol.
I never thought owning a Jeep could be this much fun and addictive. We are already at the stage where we are already wanting to replace non factory parts that have have already been replaced that aren't even two years old yet. :)

Reactions: Starrs
If I remember right he started with a Rubi and completely de-badged it. I wish I could remember his user name because he might have had a build thread.
The Mrs. and I have been drinking the kool-aid for almost two years now. Sometimes I find it hard to see these beautiful rigs because we both want to go bigger but lack the funds... lol.
I never thought owning a Jeep could be this much fun and addictive. We are already at the stage where we are already wanting to replace non factory parts that have have already been replaced that aren't even two years old yet. :)
They have come a long way that’s for sure. If you start with the rubi all you need is a little lift and 35s/37s. Almost complete from the factory. The factory highline on the Rubicon trim looks amazing

Reactions: Fouledplugs
They have come a long way that’s for sure. If you start with the rubi all you need is a little lift and 35s/37s. Almost complete from the factory. The factory highline on the Rubicon trim looks amazing

Yep. We were such noobs when we bought my wife's Sahara JL. Had we known what we do now and also known who much and hard we wheel we would have gotten the Rubi.
We slapped some Rubi D44s and lockers on hers so essentially it's a Saharicon... lol. She hates that name. We are heading back to Moab in 15 days!!!!

Yep. We were such noobs when we bought my wife's Sahara JL. Had we known what we do now and also known who much and hard we wheel we would have gotten the Rubi.
We slapped some Rubi D44s and lockers on hers so essentially it's a Saharicon... lol. She hates that name. We are heading back to Moab in 15 days!!!!
Slap the flares on and you’d be set!

49CBA24E-8F9D-497D-9B09-39370E078EBE.png
Found him. Super clean build. Pintlers look great on these.

Crazy that his spray paint job on his interior trim panels turned out looking OEM. Pretty cool

I love teh look, very clean and classic. The only thing I wonder is how long and how much abuse can that Krylon paint take before it starts to wear off and make a mess :/