The grass is greener, get the F out of your home state thread

I dunno. When I moved here in 2017, there was an article I read that claimed Florida was #1 in personal freedom. I don't know how they arrived at that number, nor do I know if its still applicable today. All I know is that its SCADS better than Commiefornia which was rated #48.
figure3c_sized.png

It’s funny, drove I80 all through Wyoming. It was ugly as shit. Lol. Saw some speed goats (prong horn’s for you city folk) but that was it. Lot of snow fencing, not much else.

BUT, it’s heaven for some. EJAY is happy and his family is happy.

His wife left LE and from that shit state, CA, he did the best by his family.

I’m sure people can talk shit about my new home state too. DILLIGAF is what I have to say.

I’m free. I have land. You do you, I’ll do me.

It’s funny, drove I80 all through Wyoming. It was ugly as shit. Lol. Saw some speed goats (prong horn’s for you city folk) but that was it. Lot of snow fencing, not much else.

I’m sure people can talk shit about my new home state too. DILLIGAF is what I have to say.

I worked in Atlanta for 8 months, that was close enough to Cali for me!!!!! Glad I am back in the poor state of Alabama!!!!!

Reactions: Rick Flair

Lots of Wyoming is shit. Don't get me started on Rock Springs, Riverton, or Rawlins. I turned down jobs in two of those places. Where I'm at is green, friendly, LE is fair and true, money gets put into infrastructure, there's industry, things to do, places to visit, and the municipalities don't get in your business.

Lots of Wyoming is shit. Don't get me started on Rock Springs, Riverton, or Rawlins. I turned down jobs in two of those places. Where I'm at is green, friendly, LE is fair and true, money gets put into infrastructure, there's industry, things to do, places to visit, and the municipalities don't get in your business.
Drove through on our way to the Rubicon. I'd love to own one of those houses in the middle of nowhere with no neighbors.

I hear you - although I don't like the heat either, I certainly don't want ANYTHING to do with that white crap the falls on the ground in winter in so many places. Grew up in California - I don't do snow...

Florida is flat, hot, and ugly. My wife says its a soggy sponge floating in pond scum. If you're not into the beach culture (I'm not, wife is), there isn't much to recommend it scenery wise. But its cheap to live here, and is - by some metrics - the freest state in the union. Thank Goddess for Ron DeSantis!
I love the white stuff. I could definitely do without summer. I need a state that has mountains, woods and rivers. I love trout fishing.
You wifes analogy of Florida is pretty spot on. Cost of living is quite a bit cheaper and you have an awesome Governor.

I love the white stuff. I could definitely do without summer. I need a state that has mountains, woods and rivers. I love trout fishing.
You wifes analogy of Florida is pretty spot on. Cost of living is quite a bit cheaper and you have an awesome Governor.
You've just described the Big Horns in WY. Though it did get pretty warm in the summer. Closer to the mountain you were the cooler it was, though.

Reactions: mrjp
I could move to Montana or Wyoming without a problem. Trying to get my liberal wife to move there would be impossible.
Montana is slowly turning into another California. If you want that in WY, you could go to Jackson but I doubt you could afford it. lol I know quite a few liberals here in WY now. Some vote left and some don't. None push their agenda or are a shadow to a typical big city liberal in my experience.

Reactions: mrjp and Rick Flair