OP
OP
XISophos

XISophos

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Mar 30, 2017
Denver, CO, United States
First items on the readjusted list has been purchased and on the way. I've got a 2k mile round trip to make in the spring, so I'm going to start with some creature comforts for it! I've been reading and consulting y'all here for a console sub repair/replace/upgrade.

I'm going with the Kicker CompRT mini sub and Kicker PXA300.4 that RangerRick suggested in his how-to. After reading it multiple times, and asking a lot of questions both here and from some folks I know at work, it looks like that I'll be running it bridged and wire the coils parallel. Since I'll have the console out, I'm going also install the sound deadening. I'm going to start with the 80 mil stuff, and see if it is enough. Bobthetj03 mentioned above that for the work the 170 mil would be better, and I figure the worst case scenario would be that I'd just layer the 170 over the 80 like Chris did for 250 total.

Last edited:

Alex01

Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Mar 23, 2018
Martinez, CA, USA
Sorry out your BIL. I did the same upgrade in mine and it makes a big difference. (Mine was blown out though so anything would have been better. I used the Kicker 12px200.1 for the amp and put it in the center console.

Last edited:
OP
OP
XISophos

XISophos

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Mar 30, 2017
Denver, CO, United States
Sorry out your BIL. I did the same upgrade in mine and it makes a big difference. (Mine was blown out though so anything wouldnhave been better. I used the Kicker 12px200.1 for the amp and put it in the center console.
Thanks for the sentiment. I've been brothers with him for nearly 30 years, and he truly is my best friend as well. He's got a long road ahead of him, and I'm glad I get the opportunity to make the trip with him.

I will probably change the amp out in the future for the 200.1 monoblock, and use the 4 channel to run the dash and sound bar in the future. I just thought that for now I can get the size figured out for this amp for the best location to mount it, and then plot the course for future shuffling of equipment. I've already got a self contained 10 inch sub and amp on a quick disconnect in the back, and hopefully when all is said and done I'll have a nicely balanced system that sounds great!