Florida The move to Florida is on!

They are companies that buy houses for various reasons. It could be a relocation service which will turn around and sell the house. It could be a local "flip" company. Neither of these are likely to pay over price, so I'm guessing an "investing company" or "ibuyer" like blackrock, zillow, opendoor etc. bought it. These companies typically a) sell immediately or b) hold it long term as a rental income asset. They run off of data and faulty models and are known to pay over price, which is why zillow is likely collapsing now.
Ours is a little different, it's a San Diego company owned by one of my former clients. As soon as I learned who owned the company I jumped at using them as he's a very good honest guy I spent a lot of time in his home doing home loan signings for him. They buy nicer houses, renovate or restyle them then sell them. They will spend a month turning it into a showplace inside and renewing the landscaping, the exterior already good to go.

Reactions: FJQue and BlueC
Not yet, we need the proceeds from our present house we'll use to pay cash for the Florida house. We still need to find ne so we'll be heading back there soon to spend 10-14 days to try to find it. We're thinking Fleming Island which is close to Jacksonville. It's surrounded by water so we noticed it gets cooler breezes there than elsewhere we looked at.
Definitely buy in northern Florida, I spent 25yrs in the Ft Myers area and still haven't cooled off. :)

Hell yeah Jerry! I know that’s been in the works for a while. Looks to be right on the river area. You’re keeping your Jeep right? Come on up to Appalachia, we’ll show you a good time!

Hell yeah Jerry! I know that’s been in the works for a while. Looks to be right on the river area. You’re keeping your Jeep right? Come on up to Appalachia, we’ll show you a good time!
Sounds good and yep keeping the Jeep. I briefly considered selling it for 1.3 seconds but then I came back to my senses.

Sounds good and yep keeping the Jeep. I briefly considered selling it for 1.3 seconds but then I came back to my senses.
Even after seeing Zorba's riveting wheeling videos!?🤣🤣

Even if you don't wheel it hard out there it'll be a great Florida vehicle I'd bet.

Congrats!

Congrats Jerry. You are going to feel like you live in a completely different country. We love living here. The people here are crazy but are also some of the best people I’ve ever met.

• Love
Reactions: Jerry Bransford
Not yet, we need the proceeds from our present house we'll use to pay cash for the Florida house. We still need to find ne so we'll be heading back there soon to spend 10-14 days to try to find it. We're thinking Fleming Island which is close to Jacksonville. It's surrounded by water so we noticed it gets cooler breezes there than elsewhere we looked at.
Jax, looks like we'll be neighbors then. I'm currently in discussion for a company transfer to Jacksonville. Looking forward to meet you Jerry :)

As a native of Florida, I'm a big fan of the upper East Coast area of the state. It's beautiful, much less populated, and a, relatively, short run up the coast to lots of interesting places, e.g. Savannah, Charleston, etc.

Rich

Bout time Jerry!!!!!! Now I have an excuse to go down towards Jacksonville. Glad you are heading this way, been wanting to meet you for years now!!!

As a native of Florida, I'm a big fan of the upper East Coast area of the state. It's beautiful, much less populated, and a, relatively, short run up the coast to lots of interesting places, e.g. Savannah, Charleston, etc.

Rich
We found Jeckyl Island last fall and will likely add it as a quick getaway..

Reactions: Irun
Good luck Jerry - we did the cross-country move back in June. It was a TON of work ahead of time but it's very exciting so it comes and goes quickly.

We didn't bring much furniture since ours were old, albeit in nice shape. We sold a lot of it on CL/FB Marketplace and with yard sales. Just put up a sign saying "Furniture for Sale Inside".

Reactions: RINC
Sweet, very close to St Augustine which is my fave city in FL