The post-build thread

Not saying you don't but a cracked FP won't last long. Look at the inspection cover and see if it is bowed inward at all.

Not saying you don't but a cracked FP won't last long. Look at the inspection cover and see if it is bowed inward at all.
the inspection cover seems fine, if anything the rest of the dust cover seems like it may be bent. Is there any way to get it straightened out without pulling rhe transmission out?

All the bolts from bell housing to block run through the plate

the inspection cover seems fine, if anything the rest of the dust cover seems like it may be bent. Is there any way to get it straightened out without pulling rhe transmission out?

All the bolts from bell housing to block run through the plate
Did you call me and tell me about the coil solving your problem?

In my experience cracked flexplates make a hell of a racket. Typically can be heard loud and clear anytime the engine is running.
this helps. mine is only certain situations. then again it may just be LOUDER in certain situations and the rest of the time it just matches the engine tick close enough I forget aboit it?

Swapped in the new mopar coil rail and the Jeep fired up peppier than it has in a good while. Hard to describe but the idle seems smoother and it sounds better. The stall and misfire is gone of course.
Part of this could be the new mopar spark plugs as well.

I shoved the exhaust over and re-tightened everything to clear the driveshaft.

The squeek I was getting as the rear passenger suspension drooped leaving woops seems to be solved after rotating the spring in the bucket.

I also picked up a set or mucket seals from deadjeep, and it has dramatically decreased the rattles I had on small events.

Happy to be driving the jeep again.

Swapped in the new mopar coil rail and the Jeep fired up peppier than it has in a good while. Hard to describe but the idle seems smoother and it sounds better. The stall and misfire is gone of course.
Part of this could be the new mopar spark plugs as well.

I shoved the exhaust over and re-tightened everything to clear the driveshaft.

The squeek I was getting as the rear passenger suspension drooped leaving woops seems to be solved after rotating the spring in the bucket.

I also picked up a set or mucket seals from deadjeep, and it has dramatically decreased the rattles I had on small events.

Happy to be driving the jeep again.
IMG_20210121_164107148.jpg

Let’s link up an go wheeling! You’re not far from me at all, besides I need a JTree trip...🍄
whatcha doin this weekend? myself and several other Marines from my unit are headed out to JV for KOH week. Might try to run a few trails before they close the course down. Friday looks promising 😁.

If not KOH then I'm planning a trip to Doran canyon up in barstow with another TJ owner end of feb or early March.

Heck if your close enough lets hit up the old mining area out amboy road soon!

Reactions: Nickgsjeep
fairly cheap procomp aluminum wheels. I think 6069 series or something? 7069?

they are 15s, just under 4" of backspacing.
would really like to get some nice beadlocks but I haven't lost a bead yet on these even down at 8 psi. I do take big chunks out of them occasionally since there's no rock ring.

would really like to get some nice beadlocks but I haven't lost a bead yet on these even down at 8 psi. I do take big chunks out of them occasionally since there's no rock ring.
I need something else. I like yours, not obnoxious. I’m going to move to a 15 with better backspacing just not sure yet.

I need something else. I like yours, not obnoxious. I’m going to move to a 15 with better backspacing just not sure yet.
yeah i got them probably 10 years ago in one of those package deals from quadratech with procomp tires on them. I remember it being really fun coming home to a pallet on the front porch with 5 mounted 35's.

Finished up the other side yesterday. Feel like this side turned out better but I'm not sure why.

Ran out of gloss paint though.

IMG_20210306_211220115_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210306_211242608_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210306_211206237_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210306_173456418_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210306_173503930.jpg
IMG_20210306_165109003_HDR.jpg