The REAL Clutch actuator pedal bushing

mcoh1030

Trying to figure out which part and part number is the real one to use when replacing a broken stock clutch linkage bushing for a 2000 Jeep Wrangler.

M stock part broke. It look more like # 1 and # 3 below. But there's conflicting information on line about # 2 being the right one to use even though it looks totally different.

The parts / numbers I've come across so far:

1) Dorman 74014 Clutch Pedal Linkage

2) Pedal Shaft Pin Bushing for Clutch or Brake Pad fits Wrangler TJ Cherokee XJ​

3) Jeep Wrangler Hydraulic Clutch Actuator Bushing 4643448

I'd strongly recommend carrying a spare one of these in the Jeep at all times. Mine gave away very unexpectedly.

Thanks for any assistance.

Dorman.jpg

Weird.jpg

OEM.jpg

Ok, so I just fixed mine. The problem lies with the metal rod that extends from the clutch pedal that the clutch shaft attaches to. That metal rod gets worn over time creating a "C" shape in it. that "C" shape makes a gap that the plastic bushing flexes in, which leads to breakage.

So I removed my clutch/brake pedal assembly and put some spot welds to fill in the "C" indention. Then took a Dremal to grind it back to the cylindrical shape it was originally. Put it all back together and it's like new.

Reactions: macleanflood