The unfortunate JKU & JLU of the day thread

I briefly worked for a guy who didn't have the confidence to make his (admittedly nice) 4 Runner look like these JKUs. We would try to discuss our vehicles, but only succeeded in talking past each other. He spoke in brand names and grunts, I spoke in measurements and movements. It left us both anxious and frustrated in the end.

That’s one thing I’ve loved since joining this group and TJ owners in general, the equation and advice is very rarely “buy the most expensive thing and you’ll be good”. Which gives a lot of weight when buying the pricier gear is recommended. I’m sure there are those in the JK/JL world that way too, just not sure the ratio!

Reactions: Chris
That’s one thing I’ve loved since joining this group and TJ owners in general, the equation and advice is very rarely “buy the most expensive thing and you’ll be good”. Which gives a lot of weight when buying the pricier gear is recommended. I’m sure there are those in the JK/JL world that way too, just not sure the ratio!

It had to have existed back when the TJ was still new. Though the aesthetics of the mod and customization culture has also shifted in the last 10-15 years. A ridiculous TJ build in 2005 probably looks tame compared to a ridiculous JK build in 2015.

With the rise of social media, there is a heavy pressure to be a conspicuously unique individual. And there is a large market built up around this sentiment that is more than willing to take your money in order to make you feel special amongst the herd.

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Is this a smoke stack or a snorkel?

View attachment 73481
Haha, ok that snorkel totally reminded me of the roof vent pipe stack filters you use for septic tanks

Take? Yeah, take it away! What's with all the white JKUs?

It's a thing. They think they are Stormtroopers, no joke either. If you look around the JK community, you'll see this whole "Stormtrooper" thing is a legit thing that these guys do. It's absolutely stupid.

Are you kidding? What are these guys, like 12 years old?

EDIT: "Thing", yes, "legit", no.

I can't explain it. All I know is that once they added 2 extra doors, all the would be "import tuners" seemed to flock to the Jeep Wrangler like no other.

Reactions: DrDmoney
There are several "storm trooper" JK's around here. And those ridiculous fender flares and "grumpers" are starting to become more popular too, how?!?

• Haha
Reactions: Chris
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.