The unfortunate JKU & JLU of the day thread

DSCN0722_resize.jpg
DSCN0718_resize.jpg
jeep-floorboard-02.jpg

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Anyone remember when Fab Fours used to make products that actually made a JK look better?
View attachment 86536

Now they've gone off the deep end with completely monstrous makeovers.

I don’t remember this actually! Not my favorite rear bumper, but certainly better than the garbage they sell now.

I guess they realized that they can make more money selling the crap they currently do, as there is no shortage of bros wanting to pimp out their 4-door.

@Chris your site keeps showing me this ad!
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0744F77BT/?tag=wranglerorg-20
That and steering box braces lol

Guess I need to stay off this thread haha.
  • Fits for 1997-2006 Jeep Wrangler TJ LJ & Wrangler Unlimited
  • This is a hard plastic cover to enhance the look of your jeep's front end. It snaps into place and held with a few simple screws. Easy to install
  • Smooth Black Finish & Rugged Off-Road Styling
  • Protects Grille from Trail Hazards
Will this:

Prevent this:

:unsure:

I don’t remember this actually! Not my favorite rear bumper, but certainly better than the garbage they sell now.

I guess they realized that they can make more money selling the crap they currently do, as there is no shortage of bros wanting to pimp out their 4-door.
I actually had that bumper for a while. That JK in that photo is my previously owned JKR. I sold that bumper and replaced it with an Expedition One which opened with the tailgate.

I actually had that bumper for a while. That JK in that photo is my previously owned JKR. I sold that bumper and replaced it with an Expedition One which opened with the tailgate.

My favorite JK bumper believe it or not is the factory Hard Rock bumpers. I think Jeep just hit it out of the ballpark with that Hard Rock package.

Ok so everything wrong with that can be fixed with a rattle can or seat covers... But how much money was wasted on those rims?

There must have been a time
when we could have said no.

Well they are asking 100k for that thing. So I have to imagine the wheels were half of it :ROFLMAO:

Is there any vehicle in existence more hideously modded than Jeep Wranglers?

I thought the retarded angry eye/grill things were only for JK's, which is bad enough, but there are plenty for TJ's too, and plenty of idiots using them, judging by the pictures in the Amazon ad. People that buy those are like "man, I'm going to be so unique, that I'll end being just like 10,000 other idiots". I can't believe how easy it is to get the masses to do dumb things. Worst of all, the stupid things are so cheap, any dumb ass can afford them. The movie Idiocracy was actually a documentary, not a comedy like many thought.

Pretty soon people are going to start saying to me, "Man, what's wrong with your Jeep, it looks weird and stupid", just because the body on mine is completely stock.

Is there any vehicle in existence more hideously modded than Jeep Wranglers?

I thought the retarded angry eye/grill things were only for JK's, which is bad enough, but there are plenty for TJ's too, and plenty of idiots using them, judging by the pictures in the Amazon ad. People that buy those are like "man, I'm going to be so unique, that I'll end being just like 10,000 other idiots". I can't believe how easy it is to get the masses to do dumb things. Worst of all, the stupid things are so cheap, any dumb ass can afford them. The movie Idiocracy was actually a documentary, not a comedy like many thought.

Pretty soon people are going to start saying to me, "Man, what's wrong with your Jeep, it looks weird and stupid", just because the body on mine is completely stock.

I’ve started telling people that in some ways it’s become kind of embarrassing just to own a Jeep, because now you’re automatically just associated with all those ass clowns. Guilty by association basically!

I had told someone that I own a Wrangler and the first thing they enthusiastically asked was, “Does it have one of those cool angry grilles and light bars!?”.

I understand completely. I see more stupid looking Wranglers than tastefully done ones by far, and it's getting worse all the time. I can't stand those angry grill things, the totally unnecessary and cheap looking led light bars and tacky assed oversized wheels.

Wranglers are becoming the vehicle of choice of dumbasses. It reminds back when I got my Dodge Magnum in 2007. At the time a bunch of hip hop types were fucking them up with Lambo doors and idiotically huge wheels and hideous paint schemes. Back then if I told someone I had a Magnum, they were usually like "Oh, do you have 30" wheels and Lambo doors?" Luckily I rode it out, the ones ruining them moved on, probably to Wranglers, and now my Magnum doesn't have that stigma any more.

How could I forget the Magnums. I used to see the hip hop types decking those things out making them look stupid as hell. You’re lucky though, because for whatever reason those same idiots seem to have moved on from the Magnum. Unfortunately for you and I, now they’ve switched to Jeeps.

I see probably 99 pimped out Wranglers for every nicely done one. I still don’t know why they picked the Wrangler, but one thing I have noticed is that it’s almost always the 4-door models and hardly ever the 2-door.

Reactions: 89grand

One of my favorite Jeep colors. If I ever respray mine it'll be in the shade of green, or impact orange.

Reactions: Chris
I think they pick the 4 doors because they are longer, so they have even more surface area to make look retarded.

Too bad it's not exclusively related to the 4 drs, or even JK's as I see a lot of hideous TJ's too. Not generally hideous in the same way, but still hideous.