The Unofficial Hijack Thread

If you feel yourself about to hit reply but plan to type something that's going to derail (or further derail) the thread, simply copy and past the original post in here, tag the poster and put your off topic conversation here.
After participating in the derail, I will often "copy reply" the original post. Just to remind us where we are.

Most of the "derailed" conversation is very informational and entertaining. Sort of like being in the bar with yer buds.

I keep mine here..

the canes remind me of the risks.

Reactions: Shane Mckinley
After participating in the derail, I will often "copy reply" the original post. Just to remind us where we are.

Most of the "derailed" conversation is very informational and entertaining. Sort of like being in the bar with yer buds.
Oh I quit enjoy the tanjents myself. That's why I have a habit of making these threads, keeps people who don't from getting their nikkers in a twist.

There must have been a time
when we could have said no.

@Starrs do recall the AEV built khaki LJ with the HEMI that recently sold on eBay? That’s where these parts came from. The guy is stretching it and going with PSC and 40s. Really nice guy.

@Starrs do recall the AEV built khaki LJ with the HEMI that recently sold on eBay? That’s where these parts came from. The guy is stretching it and going with PSC and 40s. Really nice guy.
No...was it posted on here? I know of one but I didn’t realize he had sold it. Was he from MT? The one I’m thinking about isn’t a Rubicon, but it is a hemi and it only has 14k miles. Argent Bridgers, tan mastercraft seats. It’s gorgeous

No...was it posted on here? I know of one but I didn’t realize he had sold it. Was he from MT? The one I’m thinking about isn’t a Rubicon, but it is a hemi and it only has 14k miles. Argent Bridgers, tan mastercraft seats. It’s gorgeous
I said it came out of Nevada and only had 14k miles. I might have something screwed up.
BTW you should be telling him it’s priced high and GLWS. JK.

Were you the winning bidder lol? Sold in under 48hrs. That was quick.
He accepted my offer telling me he was quickly disinterested in dealing with people. I have made a deposit but until I have it in my possession I won’t go that far. He is an older gentleman and gave me no indication of problems it’s just the way I’m programmed.
DM me your address and after I pick it up I will send you the 200. I checked my thread on AEV and somehow skipped over that thread.

Reactions: Starrs
He accepted my offer telling me he was quickly disinterested in dealing with people. I have made a deposit but until I have it in my possession I won’t go that far. He is an older gentleman and gave me no indication of problems it’s just the way I’m programmed.
DM me your address and after I pick it up I will send you the 200. I checked my thread on AEV and somehow skipped over that thread.
Congrats on finding a set! You can count on @Starrs to hunt down AEV parts lol.

That’s awesome that you got it. That’s very generous of you to offer up a finders fee, but that’s not necessary. Glad it went to somebody on here.

Reactions: Powdermonkey
I probably heard it before. And just blocked it out of my mind. But I just read again on here that Radio Shack died. Man they f'd that place! I remember hanging out in RS as a kid. And learning so much. When I drove (moved) from WA to CA. I took the coastal roads as much as possible. And stopped in every Radio Shack along the way. Took a pic of who helped me. And bought red tag stuff all along the way. Remember those red tags? A scanner antenna for $1.93. lol. I loved that place. If they would have just left it alone. A place where you could find any electronic item you needed or better yet didn't know you needed. It would have survived. Instead it was the low cost scam cellphone place. Which killed it. Thank you overpaid CEO's.

How's that for off topic. lol.

I probably heard it before. And just blocked it out of my mind. But I just read again on here that Radio Shack died. Man they f'd that place! I remember hanging out in RS as a kid. And learning so much. When I drove (moved) from WA to CA. I took the coastal roads as much as possible. And stopped in every Radio Shack along the way. Took a pic of who helped me. And bought red tag stuff all along the way. Remember those red tags? A scanner antenna for $1.93. lol. I loved that place. If they would have just left it alone. A place where you could find any electronic item you needed or better yet didn't know you needed. It would have survived. Instead it was the low cost scam cellphone place. Which killed it. Thank you overpaid CEO's.

How's that for off topic. lol.
It's been "the source" up here for years now. I haven't darkened their door since they got rid of the wall of electronics parts and soldering tools. It's a shame really as there's very few places like it anymore. I never could figure out why they thought it would be a good idea to become the low rent best buy with less selection and higher prices...

There must have been a time
when we could have said no.

93DD8DC7-AAFF-4E03-BB3C-315CF85E1D5F.jpeg

Not related to anything but I thought you’d all have a good laugh at me not having doors on after deciding spur of the moment to hit the mountain. The regret didn’t set in until the sun went down LOL

Reactions: Jack72