Things I've learned since being on the forum

AndyG

Because some other guys are perverts
Lifetime Supporting Member
In the last year , I've learned -

1. Jerry and Mr. Blaine are usually dead right .

2. Chris really watches forum activity.

3. The money you spend on your TJ before you get on here probably won't be as wisely spent as after you join .

4. The more you learn about your TJ , the more you will enjoy it .

5. You might hide a new set of Rancho shocks from your wife , but she's likely to notice a second Rubicon.

6. All "is this too much rust" threads are usually too much rust .

7. All "is this 9500.00 lj Rubicon a good deal?" Threads result in it got sold before they figured out it was

8. 26 p.s.i.

9. There is no way to "like" your own posts , I keep trying to figure out how to do it .

10. Making Jerry Bransfords' older Tj wheeling through a rock garden your Avatar doesn't really fool anybody .... especially Jerry.

Throw some more on here-

Last edited:
If you don't fill out your profile, screaming monkeys will chase you down and corner you so that Jerry can whip you with an old steel winch cable that was left in the trash from another who switched to synthetic on their Harbor Freight 9500lb winch on a Black Friday steal.

3. The money you spend on your TJ before you get on here probably won't be as wisely spent as after you join .

#3 definitely happened to me, At least I was lucky enough that it wasn't too much money.

Regarding #6 I learned that many people will question why you would use the word usually when any rust is too much rust.

Also people still, and usually should, believe This thread is worthless without pics even though I can't figure out what picture would help this thread.

And someone will probably post a picture in this thread.

That's all I got so far.

Reactions: DrDmoney and AndyG
#3 definitely happened to me, At least I was lucky enough that it wasn't too much money.

Regarding #6 I learned that many people will question why you would use the word usually when any rust is too much rust.

Also people still, and usually should, believe This thread is worthless without pics even though I can't figure out what picture would help this thread.

And someone will probably post a picture in this thread.

That's all I got so far.

Here's a pic. I like looking at it from time to time. It makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.

ba846ec1-bdf6-4488-9d21-78ab68210329.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: khakitj and JMT
25 years ago I went apeshit about sailing.

This place is like that except with jeeps instead of sailboats.
It sure is , it's an enthusiast Forum for the most part , at the same time, folks rely on these things to get to work, go hunting , camping , get the kids to school , college ..you name it....so it also serves as a great resource to keep them going . The best TJ knowledge in the country is right here.

Reactions: Queticon
In the last year , I've learned -

1. Jerry and Mr. Blaine are usually dead right .

2. Chris really watches forum activity.

4. The more you learn about your TJ , the more you will enjoy it .

5. You might hide a new set of Rancho shocks from your wife , but she's likely to notice a second Rubicon.

7. All "is this 9500.00 lj Rubicon a good deal?" Threads result in it got sold before they figured out it was

8. 26 p.s.i.

9. There is no way to "like" your own posts , I keep trying to figure out how to do it .

10. Making Jerry Bransfords' older Tj wheeling through a rock garden your Avatar doesn't really fool anybody .... especially Jerry.

Throw some more on here-
Not quite the same as #10
My old YJ on the Rubicon

IMG_2141 (1).JPG

Oh yea I learned how to fix my non-working heater in a few minutes after asking others here and saved me hours of FOOLING around searching out why I did not work