Things you dislike on TJs?

Have you considered Plasti-Dip for your rims?

Pros: cheaper, easier, protects, peels off if you want to revert back or change color
Cons: not permanent. (My rims have lasted 2 years so far with no issues and mild off-roading, but your mileage may vary).
Potentially more expensive, depending on how often you re-paint.
I thought about it but I think in the long run it would cost me more to plastic dip them because its like 9 bucks per can times 2 cans per rim at least which is 72 bucks each time I'd have to do it, and I'm getting ready to start my lift in a couple weeks and will be hitting the trails and rocks pretty hard come March.... I have a friend that does powder coating on told me he would do all 4 of my rims for 100 cash out the door and that's taking the tired off, and remount and balancing them

I think it looks bitchin'. :D
Seriously? The rails are crap, the corners neither fit the design of them, nor do they have the stupid little tail that PSC drops down behind the flare. The flairs are welded on which doesn't do anything but ruin the tub in JV.

I guess we look at things differently.

Reactions: Chris
Seriously? The rails are crap, the corners neither fit the design of them, nor do they have the stupid little tail that PSC drops down behind the flare. The flairs are welded on which doesn't do anything but ruin the tub in JV.

I guess we look at things differently.
I said it looked bitchin' for a non-technical reason unrelated to any of those points you mentioned which I agree with. :)

Last edited:
Holy shit light bars are annoying. Every truck and SUV has one...even the JK's with no lift or mud tires or anything have them just because it's a fad right now.

Usually other TJ's don't annoy me though, it's the jacked up trucks with the low profile aluminum rims, mud tires that they never use, headache racks, and screaming turbochargers that make me vomit. They are EVERYWHERE in Austin.

I'm starting to come to term with this. If I could do my TJ over I think I would have just kept the 2" OME lift and 31" tires.

No one will disown you, these are just our own personal opinions. Trust me, I don't mind what the next guy does to his Jeep, it's all about personal taste. I think this thread is to just sort of find out what some people like and dislike.

Don't base your mods off what other people like or don't like, all that matters it that YOU like them.

I'm really contemplating switching to factory backspaces rims and 31" tires as well. At the very least, getting 33x10.5" tires and keeping them tucked under my fender flares.

What tires were you thinking of; possibly changing to all terrains?

Wouldn't ur electrical be toast before you even needed a snorkel? And what about your steering wheel mechanism, isn't that a no no to get wet?

It helps entering the water. Going down entering many places I can stop before it hits any major electrical components. The air box has been submerged many times and I have never had a problem. I ease into it and if it looks like it is going to be to deep these I just ease back out. I have had a few people out with me hydro lock for just simple getting a wave or spashing water inthe the air intake. It seriously helps with this. As far as completely submerging Im a little smarter than that.

Pretty sure I could cross post this in multiple threads around wranglertjforum.com this week.
View attachment 9920

I hate chrome. I don't care if its the wheels, bumpers, grill or what. Not for me.
Angry grill. Got to be the ugliest thing they have come out with in my lifetime
I hate an auto trannsmission on anything.
I hate the fake ball sacks people hang off the back
I hate seeing Obama 12 decals on a jeep and anything else for that matter
I hate jacks mounted on the hood
I do not like 4 bangers. Why the hell did they do it?
I do not like what most call a overland setup. All the shit mounted all over the jeep and most isn't functional. If it was working then yes but he show stuff really makes me puke.
I do not like roof top tents. When Im ready to roll out of camp I'm not waiting for you to fold the crap up and I'm not trimming brush because your are worried about ripping a hole in it.
I really do not like anything that I have ever seen from Shitty Built. If you have it and this offends you, oh well. If you have a need to cover your jeep in Chinese made shit we probably can't be friends because I will not let it rest.

I hate the large light bars. I have a 10 inch and 2 pods, both Rigid. 10 inch is mounted on my winch and the pods at the windshield. Used them a couple of times out on trails looking for lost idiots. The troopers here aren't to good about enforcing the law here. Most big trucks will have anywhere from 1 to about 6 of these large lightbars mounted. They call them moose lights and feel they replace common sense for speeding at night. I don't know how many times I have been blinded to the point I have to duck and stop.
Last week a crash was caused by this and a big truck ended up over the side of a mountain.

Theft lately has been really bad on the bars. I for one will not even take a second look if I know there is a thief taking one from a mans rig. More power to them. I wish they would steal every damn on of them. I honestly think it is people that don't like them doing it. You never see them come up for sale and rarely see them in a pawn shop. I wish they would make them 100% illegal in all 50 states to even have on a rig.

Reactions: Jeep9748 and Kyle_W
I hate chrome. I don't care if its the wheels, bumpers, grill or what. Not for me.
I do not like what most call a overland setup. All the shit mounted all over the jeep and most isn't functional. If it was working then yes but he show stuff really makes me puke.
I do not like roof top tents. When Im ready to roll out of camp I'm not waiting for you to fold the crap up and I'm not trimming brush because your are worried about ripping a hole in it.
I really do not like anything that I have ever seen from Shitty Built. If you have it and this offends you, oh well. If you have a need to cover your jeep in Chinese made shit we probably can't be friends because I will not let it rest.

I hate the large light bars. I have a 10 inch and 2 pods, both Rigid. 10 inch is mounted on my winch and the pods at the windshield. Used them a couple of times out on trails looking for lost idiots. The troopers here aren't to good about enforcing the law here. Most big trucks will have anywhere from 1 to about 6 of these large lightbars mounted. They call them moose lights and feel they replace common sense for speeding at night. I don't know how many times I have been blinded to the point I have to duck and stop.
Last week a crash was caused by this and a big truck ended up over the side of a mountain.

Theft lately has been really bad on the bars. I for one will not even take a second look if I know there is a thief taking one from a mans rig. More power to them. I wish they would steal every damn on of them. I honestly think it is people that don't like them doing it. You never see them come up for sale and rarely see them in a pawn shop. I wish they would make them 100% illegal in all 50 states to even have on a rig.

Poor Rant Then...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is one hell of a rant. Haha.

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk

I'm happy that someone else expresses their concern for automatic transmissions. I, as well, consider them to be sacrilege. ;)

I'm happy that someone else expresses their concern for automatic transmissions. I, as well, consider them to be sacrilege. ;)

I can understand somebody with medical problem, bad knees and such wanting an auto. But most of the younger people can even drive one. And they talk shit about how much better a auto is than a manual. My daughter started out with an auto but soon realized wheeling that there were many benifits that would be better for her. Now she has a 6 speed.

I can understand somebody with medical problem, bad knees and such wanting an auto. But most of the younger people can even drive one. And they talk shit about how much better a auto is than a manual. My daughter started out with an auto but soon realized wheeling that there were many benifits that would be better for her. Now she has a 6 speed.

Yes exactly. My good friend is handicapped so he HAS to drive an automatic. That is a completely different story!

I am happy my Dad convinced me to get a manual Jeep. He compared buying an automatic Jeep to buying a pink gun.

Here in the South you will see a few real sets on the hitch when it's bull castrating time.

What the fuck..

Reactions: JWjeepSask