Things you dislike on TJs?

Ok. Was checking out Craiglist. Why.....
01111_ckQ1eDRybvU_600x450.jpg

Have to confess- still have the the chrome grill and gas cover that was on it when I bought it(just has not been a priority to remove it) and the jack is still on the back bumper from last year's Colorado trip. However- it is locked up in a shed waiting for the winter's salt to get washed off the road before I bring her out, lift it 2" and mount the winch.

My most hated thing---RUST

I cant be the only one who thinks crusher corners are ugly right? I mean on dark colored jeeps they look fine but on bright colors like yellow i think they look scrap yardish and not put together at all. I guess i'm weird. But this tj does NOT look worthy of a calendar
reardone2.jpg
reardone4.jpg

Reactions: Kevin Bright
Last edited:
Stingers.
Lots of chrome / stainless steel bits.
Roof racks ( buy an XJ or a Suburban for pete's sake, if you need that much crap!)
Four bazillion off road accessories on a pristine TJ.
Vendor stickers everywhere, unless you are actually sponsored.
The entire wardrobe of off-road gear hung on the outside when you're parked at the mall.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
Will your new President also ban all non-American music ?
Endless 'Beach Boys' and 'Billy Ray Cyrus' ..... some folks have all the luck.:D:D
No more 'off-shore' tunes ...... don't try to tune in to the 'Rolling Stones' .....

Wait your Canadian so I think we are all good with no Justin Beeber, Tiffinay, Helix, Simple Plan, Stereos and Nickelback. I will miss Rush.

20170128_150924.jpg
1. Chrome
2. Chrome
3. Chrome
I don't mind chrome or aluminum rims as long as its not some big gawdy rims.....I have gambler rims on mine, they do not look bad but I want matte black rims, even if I have to powder coat my current rims

Reactions: Chris
View attachment 10290 1. Chrome
2. Chrome
3. Chrome
I don't mind chrome or aluminum rims as long as its not some big gawdy rims.....I have gambler rims on mine, they do not look bad but I want matte black rims, even if I have to powder coat my current rims
Have you considered Plasti-Dip for your rims?

Pros: cheaper, easier, protects, peels off if you want to revert back or change color
Cons: not permanent. (My rims have lasted 2 years so far with no issues and mild off-roading, but your mileage may vary).
Potentially more expensive, depending on how often you re-paint.

Reactions: Roger Descoteaux