This is in fact my first rodeo

haha, the fact you know what a torque wrench and a grinder are put's you up on a few others already. getting into something you feel might challenge what your comfortable with (within reason) is a good way to learn and build confidence for the next project, even if it's just an oil change.
there are a lot of exp'd people here that can help you do everything you'll ever need. welcome aboard.
Thank you! The range of knowledge here just blows me away. Even before I joined I found so many answers, so it's really comforting to know that there's always someone here that can help. And I am looking forward to learning how to change my own oil, especially since I've been notoriously bad at even checking my oil.

Reactions: someguysjeep
...I've been notoriously bad at even checking my oil.
Go check it now!

Years back, the lady who lived next door to us drove her car up to our place because she wanted my RN wife to look at her injured foot. When she was ready to leave, she cranked her car up and it clattered like a threshing machine! "TURN THAT DAMN THING OFF!!" I yelled. Long story short, it took 3 quarts of oil before anything even showed on the dipstick! Goddess only knows when the last time it had been checked or changed!!

Go check it now!

Years back, the lady who lived next door to us drove her car up to our place because she wanted my RN wife to look at her injured foot. When she was ready to leave, she cranked her car up and it clattered like a threshing machine! "TURN THAT DAMN THING OFF!!" I yelled. Long story short, it took 3 quarts of oil before anything even showed on the dipstick! Goddess only knows when the last time it had been checked or changed!!
My previous vehicles were a VW Tiguan and a Land Rover Disco 2 (both of which devoured oil) so my husband was constantly on my case about adding oil. I had the oil and all the fluids in the Jeep changed on Tuesday, so I should be okay...but I'm going to check the oil now. 😂

Welcome to you, too! My next project is to replace the headlights (and possibly spray paint the bezels), and I discovered that the driver's door jamb button that controls the interior lights is broken, so I'm going to fix that. As of now, I don't have plans for a lift or bigger tires, but I do love how it looks so I'm not ruling it out.
That’s ace. I don’t know about you but I’m secretly enjoying all the little issues I’m finding. I’m sure I won’t be saying that when something major comes up though haha. Good luck with the door!

That’s ace. I don’t know about you but I’m secretly enjoying all the little issues I’m finding. I’m sure I won’t be saying that when something major comes up though haha. Good luck with the door!
Thanks! I'll be honest...if anything major comes up, we have a great shop in town that specializes in Jeeps, so I'll be happy to let them handle it. But I really am enjoying the little things. Wiring is brand-new to me, too, but I'm going in head first.

Welcome and way to go on your first mod! I love seeing a woman driving a TJ, like @Chris said, it sure seems rare!
Thanks! I think you might be right about women driving TJs being rare. I joined a local FB group for Jeep owners and most of the women who drive Jeeps drive newer models. Which is fine, but there's nothing quite like the TJ.