Thoughts on this cold air intake?

I liked street outlaws when they were street outlaws. I lived in DFW and my nephews are friends with a couple of the DFW guys. It is not quite the same now that some of them are millionaires.

No dyno required to verify what a good tune does for a 4.0L. I switched back to stock and it felt like it lost a cylinder.

Reactions: TheBoogieman
A tune won't help you too much there. Your issue is that you are probably carrying a ton of extra weight (I'm assuming you have heavy steel bumpers, armor, etc., as oppose to aluminum?) and running the wrong gears.

A tune will help you pick-up around 15 WHP by advancing timing, ignition, and throttle maps. The tune on mine made a profound difference, but it's still not going to fix the issue you're having which I suspect is largely related to running the wrong gear ratio.
Gotcha and that makes sense. I do have heavy steel bumpers and I have no idea about the gears I’m running, sad to admit I guess. I’ll research more on that then to see what would be the best gear ratio to run with my setup.
Bought this Jeep as I loved the look but honestly know nothing still but trying to slowly educate myself. Thanks again

Reactions: pc1p
Yessir!

i should have been more specific. Do you datalog your vehicle and then the tune is customized to your vehicle? If so how many times back and forth and what is the final cost?

Oh no, I bought their canned tune for the 4.0, which happens to be amazing. He spent years working on it, so I'm not surprised. It's night and day how much of a difference it made.

Oh no, I bought their canned tune for the 4.0, which happens to be amazing. He spent years working on it, so I'm not surprised. It's night and day how much of a difference it made.
Gotcha. So you by the HP for the 4.0 at $300 and the tune has been pre installed vs a canned HP tune

Gotcha. So you by the HP for the 4.0 at $300 and the tune has been pre installed vs a canned HP tune

$350 to FRP for the tune and $400 for the HPTuners MPVI2 and the credits needed to pair it with your VIN.

FRP will email you the tune after you send him a read file of your factory PCM using HPTuners.

$350 to FRP for the tune and $400 for the HPTuners MPVI2 and the credits needed to pair it with your VIN.

FRP will email you the tune after you send him a read file of your factory PCM using HPTuners.
Thanks Chris. Never messed with HP much. Mostly Diablo for a hemi

Reactions: Chris