Time to find some gold now!

So I got a killer deal on some land in eastern Utah, its near the Uinta mountains, and between about 4 reservoirs...my parents think I will become land poor, but this was too good to pass up. I am selling 5 plots and I am keeping 4. There is power on one of them which is good for me.

IMG_1300.jpg

IMG_1301.jpg

IMG_1302.jpg

Look at 8 miles east of Montello, specifically for Regulator canyon on the topographical maps, here is a google earth image. We could look around with a metal detector. TimView attachment 65108
I grew up in that are and know it like the back of my hand. If the winters weren't so long and cold I'd still be there. One of the few places left that I know of where you can get completely away from people.

Reactions: Blondie70
Did the gold dredge 8 as a tourist with family here in Fairbanks. Was neat learning the history of how they dredged for the Gold.

at the end you get to “pan” with a bag of dirt. Found out from a local. The gold in those bags are imported from California so the tourist (myself) Have an easy time finding the flakes.

Look at 8 miles east of Montello, specifically for Regulator canyon on the topographical maps, here is a google earth image. We could look around with a metal detector. TimView attachment 65108
Tim, I did a little research on the gold in the Montello area the deposit is associated I believe with the Carlin Trend to the North West of your location. This is one of the largest gold deposits and is a fairly new discovery as gold discoveries go, its been prospected for years but it took a really sharp geologist to figure out the mystery as the area had good indications for gold but commercially profitable deposits were never located, eventually it was discovered the gold value while abundant is microscopic and only recoverable through chemical leaching, having something to do with the large red tailings piles you see from google earth. Not to say you won’t find gold you can see and pick up with enough time prospecting and or luck I think you could get lucky in that if a deposit did exist in the form of a vein or pocket you’d have a shot at it not being found before but because of the history of the gold in the area the odds are low of finding detectable gold or gold you could find by panning.

Reactions: lowranger