Time to replace the radiator

zscott

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Seems like the top of my radiator leads in colder weather. Once it's warm it stops but a cold start when it is freezing outside gives me a decent little puddle underneath. With that being said, it's time to pull it and put in a fresh one. My question is, should I just go with a stock OE from the dealership, or is there a darn good one out there that is aftermarket. I don't want to have to modify anything to get in an aftermarket radiator. If the aftermarket isn't worth it then I'm all for throwing in an OE radiator. Just didn't know if there were any reasons I should upgrade over stock.

Do your very best to find and install nothing but a Mopar radiator. We've yet to find a reasonably priced radiator that even comes close to the cooling ability and quality of the Mopar. Avoid all store brands, Champion, Mishimoto, radiators.com, etc.!

I figured that would be the response I would get but just wanted to make sure none of you came across the next best thing to sliced bread as far as radiators are concerned. Appreciate it gents.

Do your very best to find and install nothing but a Mopar radiator. We've yet to find a reasonably priced radiator that even comes close to the cooling ability and quality of the Mopar. Avoid all store brands, Champion, Mishimoto, radiators.com, etc.!
There's a certain muffler guy who can hook you up with a griffin for 8 hundo!

I figured that would be the response I would get but just wanted to make sure none of you came across the next best thing to sliced bread as far as radiators are concerned. Appreciate it gents.
There is one, maybe two guys here who swear on other brands. Most everyone else knows Mopar is the best and uses Mopar when they have the option.

My local dealership stated the part number I needed was 7652AA for my VIN. I looked her up on Amazon, I suppose a legit MOPAR radiator would be on there right?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0049EH4AC/?tag=wranglerorg-20
That radiator will work just fine...
I installed that one about 18 months ago and that is the one I ordered and received 2 months ago as a spare...
Good price for OEM Mopar, but there are only 4 left.

I usually use rockauto or mopar web stores before Amazon or eBay for oem parts.

I’m swapping an auto into my 05 Rubicon and thus am getting rid of the Mopar radiator since it doesn’t have the oil cooler built in. If you want it for much less than new, I can ship it in the box my new radiator is coming in. Jeep has 58k miles on it.

I recently bought a mopar one from summit racing for $217 shipped.
Just to entice you, I also have a Autozone duralast one that most here raves about that I can sell you. It even comes with a lifetime warranty for peace of mind that a mopar warranty can't touch.

• Haha
Reactions: Jerry Bransford