tire rotation?

Shelly

So my mechanic brought it to my attention that my front tires had a wear pattern in it and they needed to be rotated. i was looking it up and saw something called a 5 tire rotation. My spare is still new. .all tires are less than 2 years old. But the spare has way more thread than the ones on the jeep. Should i still do a 5 tire rotation? Or just do the 4 that are on it? I have like a 6" lift. Where do i put the jack at? Or should i just take it somewhere and let someone else do it? i don't have any jack stands.

I'd probably stick with a 4 tire rotation for now. You could get away with a 5 tire rotation unless you run lockers or in 4x on hard surfaces, but at this point a 5 tire rotation doesn't sound like it'll buy you much if anything. Next set of tires, start a 5 tire rotation and do it every oil change as a habit. It's not all that hard to do and pretty cheap to have done.

I would stick with a 4 tire rotation mostly due to the fact that that spare tire sounds like it has significantly more tread than the others. Now if that spare time was the same age (and same tread life) as the other tires, then I would say to do a 5 tire rotation.

Most of the time if you take it to Discount Tire they'll rotate your tires for free just to get you to come back as a customer when you buy new tires.

If you do it yourself you'll need a set of jack stands since you'll need two tires up in the air at once.

Reactions: StG58
I also just noticed. Its only the drivers side front right tire. Does that mean i need an alignment?

That means you probably ought to have it aligned and check the toe-in, yes.

You can do these things yourself, but unless you're pretty mechanically inclined, I wouldn't touch it.