TJ Cleaning

TmLIsMe14

I am wondering if you can powerwash the inside of the engine bay when I bought my TJ the previous owner left is totally muddy. I bought the Jeep in the winter of 19 and now it's starting to become spring of 2020. So besides the engine bay, I would like to wash off whatever has accumulated on my TJ, I would just like to know if it is safe to powerwash inside the engine bay.

Yes you can. I do the engine bay all the time.
Just make the spray nozzle tip at least 2 feet away.
Also cover the CAI horn with plastic bag.

Use the carwash engine soap selector.
Spray it and let it soak for 3 minutes depending on how dirty your engine is.
CAI "horn" is where the filter he is pointing towards.

2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4.0L 6 Cyl._Air Filter Engine - Part 2.png

Watch a YouTube channel by the guy named Chris Fix. He has a few videos on how to "deep clean" the engine bay. I use his method and it works great!

Reactions: Feralkid
I also HIGHLY suggest you cover the computer, mounted on the passenger side firewall. Also be careful around the throttle body, I messed up the TPS on my previous LJR by washing the engine. Use care and be smart. If kind of common sense of where not to use to much water and/or pressure. Meguairs degreaser is an excellent cleaner for engine bays. I have also used GUNK line with good results. Be mindful of where you are spraying cleaners and rinse thoroughly. And please, for the love of God, no shiny shit!

Reactions: SvtLdr
Watch a YouTube channel by the guy named Chris Fix. He has a few videos on how to "deep clean" the engine bay. I use his method and it works great!
I was about to say the same thing. Chrisfix makes excellent how to videos.

If only we could harness his abilities and get him to buy a tj.