kraft american cheese singles to hold a speaker on my bike (with the help of some aluminum tubing and friction fitting)

What Is It Reaction GIF by Nebraska Humane Society

Andy

Unfortunately everyone sucking on the pipe resulted in the generation that doesn't know how to tune carbs. 🤣

Are vehicle carbs similar to dirt bikes & quads where you dial in the pilot, needle clip, and main jet for their corresponding throttle position fuel adjustments?

Are vehicle carbs similar to dirt bikes & quads where you dial in the pilot, needle clip, and main jet for their corresponding throttle position fuel adjustments?

Yes and no, some carburetor are easier to “tune” than others Holly 4bbl for example. The main issue is getting parts, jets, needles etc. most automotive carburetors you need to change parts vs moving a clip on a needle like you can do with a motorcycle carb

Reactions: MikeE024 and BlueC

I shit you not I have a bike and i put a speaker in the basket but it kept flying out when i would hit a bump so i put aluminum tubes in the basket to friction fit it in there and i used american cheese singles on a hot day as putty to put it in there

it's efficacy was questionable but generally speaking what i did worked.

• Haha
Reactions: srimes
I shit you not I have a bike and i put a speaker in the basket but it kept flying out when i would hit a bump so i put aluminum tubes in the basket to friction fit it in there and i used american cheese singles on a hot day as putty to put it in there

it's efficacy was questionable but generally speaking what i did worked.

Smoke Weed GIF

cool story bra

I understand that this is a lot of work and im sure buying a CJ would be easier. However for reasons of my own pride or stupidity or whatever it is, I would rather do this because i have the money (i can come up with more than the originally mentioned $4000 for this project) and i have the time.

You can say something is a bad idea for a lot of reasons, What in particular is a bad idea about doing this kind of work? (an engine & transmission swap, or carb conversion and few complex mods to decomputerize it)
im asking as a genuine question because im curious about this kind of thing, not to be a troll or anything. although i understand that all of this is really unconventional.

also i would say to you:
is it easier to do this kind of conversion? or put coil springs on a CJ?

Not going to say it's a bad idea. I had a buddy who built a 4.0 into a 5.0 for his XJ got it going and well. That was a bad idea but it was a project for him as a engineer and full machine shop to work with.
Crap loads of $$$$ then pulled it out and went with a SBC. THE Q-jet carb was one of the "okay" off-roading carbs but still had issues on angles. Lowered floats and tuning. Dang long time ago stuff for me to try to remember. A lot of the 4.2 "258" components can be modified to fit, in fact some of the early 4.0 stroker kits used a modified 4.2 crank. If you have the money you can do what you want. Look up stuff from late 90s off-roading groups. POR was good for doing all sorts of things. Most of that would be archived if not lost.

Bbd? Use the body from a late 70's dodge 318, gets rid of the feedback solenoid.
Then look at the joker orange edu conversion
Good luck

I got one of those from summit racing and it ran very rich. No numbers on the jets and a bunch of plastic parts. Junk!

On the upside if you find yourself feeling a bit peckish on a ride, you've got emergency cheese on hand to slake your hunger... :sneaky:

On the upside if you find yourself feeling a bit peckish on a ride, you've got emergency cheese on hand to slake your hunger... :sneaky:

hell yeah and we all know american cheese is synthetic material from aliens crafted in a lab, which is why it doesn't go bad. I'll have adhesive AND food for the apocalypse.