TJ Easter Eggs

I found out that in 1999 models there were five possible A/C compressors used. I know because the fourth one we ordered was the correct one for my particular Jeep. That’s a hidden surprise nobody wants to find

• Wow
Reactions: JMT, FJQue and WSS
The Easter Egg thing began with the JK and increased a bit when the Renegade was introduced. Before then, we saw Easter Eggs in movies, video games and television shows.

They are little referential in-jokes originally intended for the true fans who paid attention to the details or were immersed in a genre. These days, the specialness has faded since everyone knows about them. It's just part of the marketing used to make you feel like you are part of the club, except that everyone is a part of the club now.
The first egg actually started on the tj in 1997 and has been every jeep
Since then just have to look
Jeep over and find it they can be on cowl head light casing on the tail gate if have hard top can be om
The lift gate as well

The first egg actually started on the tj in 1997 and has been every jeep
Since then just have to look
Jeep over and find it they can be on cowl head light casing on the tail gate if have hard top can be om
The lift gate as well
My Tj has parts from several previous models. Between that and the rusted out panels I doubt I’ll ever find one on mine lol It’s a ‘97 but the doors look like they’re from a CJ and top is possibly from a YJ. I wish the P.O. would have found a frame that wasn’t so damn rusty lol

I'm another one who found a handful of ink pens. First thing I did when I bought the TJ was take it in for a new windshield because the rock chip guy said there were too many to fix. When they got the windshield out the tech pulled about 10 ink pens out from behind the dash.
Found a gold and pearl ring under the back seat of a Caprice I bought one time. My wife wore that ring until the day she died.

Reactions: WSS
The Easter Egg thing began with the JK and increased a bit when the Renegade was introduced. Before then, we saw Easter Eggs in movies, video games and television shows.

They are little referential in-jokes originally intended for the true fans who paid attention to the details or were immersed in a genre. These days, the specialness has faded since everyone knows about them. It's just part of the marketing used to make you feel like you are part of the club, except that everyone is a part of the club now.
According to Jeep it was started in 1997

According to Jeep it was started in 1997
The stupid cute modern incarnation of the hidden image Easter egg began with the JK. The 7 slot cowl vent is more of a design reference than an Easter egg which became a popular fad in the 2000s.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: John Cooper
was looking and I still am looking for a mystery tapping noise behind the drivers seat, someplace in the wheel well area. I thought I found the barstard that was making the noise down behind seat belt recoil thingie between the seat.....had to get a long magnet to remove it.it was one of those large rusty toe nail clippers and no that was not my noise issue