TJ Fest 2021 - Moab (April 24 – May 1, 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tweety always struck me as more of a hotrod thing. not something to relate to the TJ tractor
There is of course Yellow angry bird (grill) lol

1591857182687.jpg

@Alex01 @Chris ive been off the radar for a few weeks and missed the last 20 pages. But I noticed you have a web page and I dropped off the attendance list. Do I have to sign up somewhere?

Oops, I'll add you to the new registration list on the website.

The site is to make things a lot easier. It will be frequently updated with the most up-to-date and important informaton.

Reactions: Grey_Machine7.3
Oops, I'll add you to the new registration list on the website.

The site is to make things a lot easier. It will be frequently updated with the most up-to-date and important informaton.

Your post says there are a variety of registration packages but I only saw the $30 option so I just did that.

Your post says there are a variety of registration packages but I only saw the $30 option so I just did that.

That's the only one.

I'm going to add SWAG to the site at a later point. Decals, t-shirts, a trail badge, etc.

I'll announce that once it's up.

The site is easier though for sure. At least that way people don't need to read through page after page of this thread :)

@Alex01 @Chris ive been off the radar for a few weeks and missed the last 20 pages. But I noticed you have a web page and I dropped off the attendance list. Do I have to sign up somewhere?
You're still on the google sheets. Chris started the new site and removed the google sheet from the first post, so I haven't been updating it recently.

I’m just catching up on our hair brain scheme to come out there .. have any suggestions for rooms if there are any available still?
@AndyG
The first page of this thread has a resource thread and I think there might be a few who have booked Condos that have rooms to rent out. Most of the condos sleep 6-8.

The first page of this thread has a resource thread and I think there might be a few who have booked Condos that have rooms to rent out. Most of the condos sleep 6-8.
Ya thanks.. I literally just found that and was reading it👍

Reactions: DrDmoney
Okay guys, I need some opinions here since this would be the first time I've ever put on an "event".

I'm starting to get emails from the website inquiring about sponsorship of the event. While I don't really care if I make any money off this, my main goal is to make the event fun for everyone.

I'm not really sure what "sponsorship" would include, but in my head my idea was something like a nightly raffle where the winner would receive X product (provided by the sponsor) for free, and everyone else who didn't win would receive a discount code for X amount off said product.

The raffle would change nightly of course.

Another thing was offering the sponsors a spot on the daily schedule pamphlet that I would be handing out. This would basically be like a schedule of events breaking down dates, times, and meeting places for daily events. On the back of the schedule there would be a spot for sponsors to put a little add with discount codes, a link to their website, etc.

Anyways, I'm looking for ideas here, so please let me know. I've never been to a bigger event like EJS, so I'm not sure what they do. @Alex01?

Reactions: RustyAutoholicGuy
Okay guys, I need some opinions here since this would be the first time I've ever put on an "event".

I'm starting to get emails from the website inquiring about sponsorship of the event. While I don't really care if I make any money off this, my main goal is to make the event fun for everyone.

I'm not really sure what "sponsorship" would include, but in my head my idea was something like a nightly raffle where the winner would receive X product (provided by the sponsor) for free, and everyone else who didn't win would receive a discount code for X amount off said product.

The raffle would change nightly of course.

Another thing was offering the sponsors a spot on the daily schedule pamphlet that I would be handing out. This would basically be like a schedule of events breaking down dates, times, and meeting places for daily events. On the back of the schedule there would be a spot for sponsors to put a little add with discount codes, a link to their website, etc.

Anyways, I'm looking for ideas here, so please let me know. I've never been to a bigger event like EJS, so I'm not sure what they do. @Alex01?
I haven't been to a large scale event so I can't help you in that sense.

Personally I don't care if you get a kick back or not unless you start asking us to attend time share meetings. Sponsors, raffles, shirts, and stickers are all fun but at the end of the days I'm going to Moab to wheel.

I haven't been to a large scale event so I can't help you in that sense.

Personally I don't care if you get a kick back or not unless you start asking us to attend time share meetings. Sponsors, raffles, shirts, and stickers are all fun but at the end of the days I'm going to Moab to wheel.

Oh yeah, I totally hear you! To be honest, I didn't even think the sponsorship thing was necessary. However, the thought had crossed my mind about killing free time by doing some sort of a raffle and just making it fun for people, at which point the idea of a few sponsors seemed like it might be cool.

I mean we'll be there for 7 days, and I know that as much as I'd love to, there's no way I can wheel for 7 days straight without a break. My wife and kids would be pissed :ROFLMAO:

Like @Alex01, I’m going to Moab to wheel and get together with family and friends, it’s a biennial thing for me and it was a HUGE plus to be able to meet and wheel with other WTJ Forum Members, it would be nice to have a banner or T-shirt to memorialize it but it’s a vacation for my family too. Outside of a group meet-up or two, my dance card is pretty full already.

I mean we'll be there for 7 days, and I know that as much as I'd love to, there's no way I can wheel for 7 days straight without a break. My wife and kids would be pissed :ROFLMAO:
There are tons of things to do aside from wheeling, the car show will be that week, Arches NP is a must visit, it’s a mt bike paradise too, there are scenic drives, archeological sites, dinosaur tracks, and my wife’s favorite shopping.

. . . @Mr. Bills

Fill out the form if you don't mind:

https://tj-fest.com/register/
Once you do, then go to the Register > Attendees link to see if your information shows up in the table.

This will make life easier :)

Don't worry, it's not going to charge anything or ask for card info. . . .

The form DID ask for credit card information and wouldn't let me submit my info without it.

I entered bogus CC info and the little wheel keeps spinning when I hit "submit" so I have no clue whether my information was transmitted.

You have the information from the initial attendee list and can fill it in for me if your online form didn't work.

Thanks.

What would be nice is a one day WTJF Run on Hell’s Revenge that all could run as it has wheeling from totally stock to modded out rigs. It would be a great way to wheel as a group and also some could tackle some iconic obstacles like Hell’s Gate, Mickey’s Hot Tub, Escalator, Tip Over Challenge and more. This would be a Great all day meet and greet trail IMHO.

Edit: and the rest of the group will definitely be entertained and possibly learn some spotting, driving, recovery, and social skills (@jjvw ) 😆

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.