TJ is still sitting idle at engine machine shop

Paul Land

TJ Enthusiast
My Jeep TJ still sitting Idle at Engine Machine shop. I was told I'm next in line 3 weeks to start rebuild it's been 6 weeks and forget about a Reman-Engine nobody has one I'v been trying to get one. Reps, all say no ETA and Back Ordered. If you know where i can get 2000 2.5L reman-engine let me know ASAP.
Shop owner hasn't even started engine and listen to it/diagnose problem. It has spun rod bearings I.M.O
Soooo! After looking, looking and looking i found 1999 Isuzu Hombre ( Chev s10) Most 2000 Chev S10s have -68k -177k Mi and they want $$$$$ 10,000.00 This one was 85K and half the price. Still to high Oh yea, it's 200 mi away.

image_2022-03-24_144344.png

Last edited:
My Jeep TJ still sitting Idle at Engine Machine shop. I was told I'm next in line 3 weeks to start rebuild it's been 6 weeks.
Shop owner hasn't even started engine to listen to it and diagnose problem. It has spun rod bearings I.M.O
Soooo! After looking, looking and looking i found 1999 Isuzu Hombre ( Chev s10) Most 2000 Chev S10s have -68k -177k Mi and they want $$$$$ 10,000.00 This one was 85K and half the price. Oh yea, it's 200 mi away.

View attachment 317936
With the world as it is today. The shop might be going through a supply issue or just employee issue. I would ask what's the deal and find another shop if the reply isn't satisfying.

$8500 for anything " I' sue you" is to much. So is $8500 for a 20 year old S10, which ever way you wanna look at it. There has got to be numerous builders on line, ATK for one to source a long block from. Id try another shop in your area as well if the other one is draggin their feet.

I feel ya. My f250 transmission on its way out the door. 3 shops for rebuild 2-3 months out. Ordered a reman 6-8 weeks out. Sucks!! But is what is

$8500 for anything " I' sue you" is to much. So is $8500 for a 20 year old S10, which ever way you wanna look at it. There has got to be numerous builders on line, ATK for one to source a long block from. Id try another shop in your area as well if the other one is draggin their feet.
The photo is a NO BUY. Just a show and tell of what they are asking with zero price drop.
ATK Is "OUT" No ETA on Back order so is every one else. I'll tell you what you find ME a "Reman 2000 jt 2.5L engine" from a legit biz (not a friend or some craigs list engine) i will send you $50.00 Spiff. If it's in stock and has immediate shipping .

Last edited:
I feel ya. My f250 transmission on its way out the door. 3 shops for rebuild 2-3 months out. Ordered a reman 6-8 weeks out. Sucks!! But is what is
I even went to dreaded Jeep-Chrysler Dealer they do not rebuild only replace with reman, 3 days later they said "we can't get one not even LKQ used. Go figure.

I even went to dreaded Jeep-Chrysler Dealer they do not rebuild only replace with reman, 3 days later they said "we can't get one not even LKQ used. Go figure.
Call atp engines out of Florida. The might have something available.

Understood on the price gouging and it is insane currently. Id like to bitch slap our local toyota dealer for their "never been a better time to buy" statements. Scumbags is all. Back to the engine delima...that is a absolute bummer. I hate to say it but I hope this is a lesson to Americans to stop kissing China's ass. Just think what gonna happen if we have a boots on the ground war. We gonna call on China to build tanks and the like?
maybe try Colling bros for a low mileage used one, does Quadratec have any? Somebody has gotta be able to get you going.

Reactions: matkal

Estimated to ship Time 3/6/22 then 4/6/22 and 5/6/22 today 6/06/22​

ATK Engines Remanufactured Crate Engine for 1997-2002 Dodge/Jeep with 150ci/2.5L L4​

L4 150ci/2.5L
See more product details
Free Shipping - Estimated to ship direct from manufacturer on 06/06/22 , pending manufacturer availability. Learn More
Notify me when this product is back in stock.

Call atp engines out of Florida. The might have something available.

Well, 7 weeks and still waiting, Soooo had to get some wheels. Super clean 1999 Isuzu Hombre (Chevy S10) Kid inherited it from dad who kept it in garage. Only problem no 4 wheeling kid put gang-banger wheels on it. Having something I can carry stuff in is a good thing. Orig. Owner put 3700 Mi. a year on it of course paid over NADA book and had to drive 400 Miles to get it.

truck.png