TJ/LJ Hunting Set Up

Bratch

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I’m looking for any tips, tricks, or ideas for how you guys have been setting up your TJ/LJ for hunting. I feel like with a bow case, pop up blind and other gear I’m going to be getting tight for space.

I normally drive my truck because it has so much more room and is nicer on the highway for the 200 mile trip. However this year I’ll be hunting some new public land and will leave my car on the trail head or side of the road and prefer the LJ for that duty.

A hitch rack seems like step one for more space but won’t have any security when parked, it would provide space for any animals.

The Jeep is a semi DD and the rear seat is used a lot so it isn’t coming out. Will be archery and rifle hunting for deer primarily.

I’m looking for any tips, tricks, or ideas for how you guys have been setting up your TJ/LJ for hunting. I feel like with a bow case, pop up blind and other gear I’m going to be getting tight for space.

I normally drive my truck because it has so much more room and is nicer on the highway for the 200 mile trip. However this year I’ll be hunting some new public land and will leave my car on the trail head or side of the road and prefer the LJ for that duty.

A hitch rack seems like step one for more space but won’t have any security when parked, it would provide space for any animals.

The Jeep is a semi DD and the rear seat is used a lot so it isn’t coming out. Will be archery and rifle hunting for deer primarily.

https://www.rufftuff.com/
for their tactical seat covers including bow storage.
I have Special Ops in cryptic camo, love the fabric, storage, and fit.
Pics somewhere but recently lost all data so can provide new pics tomorrow.
In the LJ and the F350.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bratch
https://www.rufftuff.com/
for their tactical seat covers including bow storage.
I have Special Ops in cryptic camo, love the fabric, storage, and fit.
Pics somewhere but recently lost all data so can provide new pics tomorrow.
In the LJ and the F350.

Thanks

I already have Bartact covers on all the seat so I’m probably not putting new covers on but I had half forgotten about the molle so I’ll have to see if I can use that for anything. The RuffTuff bow holder looks slick.

following this. I'm not sure I'm sold on the idea of a hitch rack though.. One could argue that it would take away from your departure angle and therefore limit where you can go.

I had thought of this for my rig but we have so many deactivated roads with cross-ditches it would be more of a hindrance than anything else.